FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WoW vs Gw

WoW of Guild Wars
WoW
43%
 43%  [ 10 ]
Gw
56%
 56%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 23

Thomme
Who sould win the MMO battle?

I played both and they are both funny Wink

Thx for voting Wink
Thomme
Yjaxygames
They should both be burned to ashes.
DjinniFire
Lol I never play subscription games x]
I've picked up both games before but after realizing I'd have to pay monthly I decided not to, rather keep my money and spend once for a game even if the game is really fun.
ShawnKelfonne
DjinniFire wrote:
Lol I never play subscription games x]
I've picked up both games before but after realizing I'd have to pay monthly I decided not to, rather keep my money and spend once for a game even if the game is really fun.

Ahh, but Guild Wars doesn't require you to pay monthly. It's a "buy the game and play it for free" type of game. Maybe you're confusing it with something else?
Fake
I voted WoW, simply coz I have played it and like it Laughing
Thomme
Yjaxygames wrote:

Why?
Vladalf
I play WoW all the time and I find it one of the best games. Blizzard does a fine job. Can't wait for Wrath of The Lich King expansion. ^^
I don't play GW but I have a friend who plays. After all he has told me I think GW is not worth it...
spykE
Thomme wrote:
Yjaxygames wrote:

Why?

Because they kill your social life?

I'd go for World of Warcraft because that is the game I got into the most. I played Guild Wars aswell, but didn't really like it that much.
Thomme
spykE wrote:
Thomme wrote:
Yjaxygames wrote:

Why?

I'd go for World of Warcraft because that is the game I got into the most. I played Guild Wars aswell, but didn't really like it that much.

I've played both and it didn't kill my social life, I only play like 20 hours a week... Only ppl with NO friends play 80+ hours a week.
Thomme
spykE wrote:
Thomme wrote:
Yjaxygames wrote:

Why?

I've played both and it didn't kill my social life, I only play like 20 hours... Only ppl with NO friends play 80+ hours a week.
shemer77
delteed
b4r4t
For me it's only deretminated by personal prefferences ...

I like WoW but I don't have a time to play it now, than - I don't play Smile
I played 10day free trial, I liked it and I've bot it ... now I just wait when I will have a mont free time and will play some more Smile

Never tried GW ... even don't know why ... just because I think Smile Maybe some day ... but photoshop, PHP , CSS and xHTML is killing my free time , and rest of my time i prefeer to spend with my friends... in real life Smile
McDucque
I've played WoW a few months when it started, and a month when the expansion came out...

I think I'd favor GW more just because it doesnt cost anything except the initial purchase.
judgehawk
I prefer GW,cos I can't afford subscriptions and it is more balanced. With a lower level cap, casual gamers can get as much out of it as the hardcore, and it gives people a more equal footing, so in PvP it is truly skill that triumphs. To be honest I wasn't too impressed with WoW. Its good, don't get me wrong, but there is no way I'd shell out monthly to play it.
_AVG_
GoW Any Day! It's much better, gameplay wise and graphically as well.
pashmina
i just hate these types of games...
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ
I don't like this type of games, I prefer to play alone or RPG and strategic games like Civilization.... I heard that Wow was full of noobz, and that guild wars was the best.
Thomme
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ wrote:
I don't like this type of games, I prefer to play alone or RPG and strategic games like Civilization.... I heard that Wow was full of noobz, and that guild wars was the best.

guild wars is rlly the best game, WoW is repetitif and boring!
allwords
Wow for it is more Beautiful Twisted Evil
Dark_Jedi06
I play Guild Wars, so that's where I'm going to put my vote...

I think they're both great games, however I'm not willing to pay a monthly fee to play World of Warcraft.
Thomme
allwords wrote:
Wow for it is more Beautiful Twisted Evil

WoW = cartoony xD
Byakuya_Kuchiki
I heard Guild Wars was very dialup friendly so I picked it up and, it kinda is 50/50. In game I had very little lag, usually have around a 100-150 ping, though the updates are a killer. Took me about 14 hours to update before I could even get in game, afterwards when you load new area's the DL went fairly quick. No subscription fee is a major plus.

I've heard that WoW is somewhat playable on dialup but most people i've talked to about it said you would have a 600-700 or so ping, which is horrible choppy. I have yet to play WoW but I am seriously thinking of picking it up just to see how good it is. I have access to a T1 connection on weekdays so it maybe worth getting and subscribing too. Smile

At home I have dialup, at Tech Center I have T1, during breaks the instructors really don't care what you do when your on the computers. Very Happy
mynameis
I play Guildwars (Factions) mainly becuase u don't have to pay for a subscription every month. although I havent played WoW I think GuildWars is cool Although its hard to pick it up and build up characters specially if ur new to those sorts of games.

^^A Guild Wars screenshot of my game and char
spykE
Thomme wrote:
spykE wrote:
Thomme wrote:
Yjaxygames wrote:

Why?

I've played both and it didn't kill my social life, I only play like 20 hours a week... Only ppl with NO friends play 80+ hours a week.

20 hours a week is still pretty much if you got school Smile.
manslayer111
Neither, they both suck. :/

All MMORPG's suck in my opinion.
vaoger
i like the both game too...
but i will slightly prefer the world of world craft( coz i got lot of frends playing it...)
Deias
pashmina wrote:
i just hate these types of games...

...then why did you post in here for if you hate these type of games....secondly why do you have a MMORPG character for a avatar?
Just playing with you dont take offense.

personally WOW is better in my experense, GW is a fun game but much more time consuming then WOW is. I can still have a social and work life intact and in harmony while playing WOW because the leveling system and PVP system still offer a sense of accomplishment while GW forces me to sacrifice somewhere.

my favorite MMORPG was Final Fantasy 11 but the same problem arose. massive amount of questing and Grinding for little sense of accomplishment but the characters where better then both games mentioned.

of course this new MMORPG looks really good and might win my heart over all of the titles so far mentioned http://www.playtr.com/community/contest_rules_04.html
n3k0
My vote goes to World of Warcraft, because Guild Wars is not a real MMORPG, you make some quest with a reduced group of people, you also can make some battles with other players or group of players. But in the World of Warcraft the experience is completely different, you can take a walk for the hole world, find other players, and begin a adventure with him, or fight with him, you can enjoy of some instances up to 40 players playing at the same time.
Keran
It's hard to tell which one of those 2 MMO's is better. Depends in what cattegory WoW or GW is better.
I'll try to rate every major one of them:

Features. - WoW
WoW wins. It has so much more to offer than GW and has far more freedom when it comes to gameplay, there are no boundries set like in GW and You can do almost whatever You want.

Community. - WoW
still I think WoW wins. WoW has more mature players, mainly because GW is free of monthly payment and it attracts all kiddies who can't spell...

Game World Feel. - Depends on what people like
That depends on whether someone likes Fantasy/comic graphics and feel, which World of Warcraft provides. Or whether someone likes the oriental feel which GW provides. I myself prefer fantasy/comic feel rather than oriental asian one.

Payment. - Surely GW
This is pretty much one of the few things GW is better at.

PvP - depends on what people like.
GW gives more variety in PvP, it is mostly based upon that. After all it is a Competitive based type of game. Though to be honest it also might depend on what people like. Manga-like battles with lots of bright light and swift moves, or simple sword fighting and magic in WoW.
Still WoW isn't staying back at PvP, it has arenas, battlegrounds, world wide open PvP with the other faction, PvP quests... You can pretty much battle wherever You want and in GW it only happens in arenas... So my pick here is WoW again.

PvE/raiding. - WoW
I have never seen any other MMO that has a better raiding system than World of warcraft one (or maybe I haven't played that many MMO's). There's nothing more fun than raiding in WoW and praying that the next boss will drop another part of Your armour set or new weapon.
GW has only missions that can be done with a group, but don't have to be (you can hire henchmen) and are less exciting than WoW raids.

Game Mechanics. - WoW...
What I hate in MMO games are the boundaries as I said earlier, or world divided on several regions which every one has a loading screen on... In GW what annoys me is that there are cities where You can see players and outside the cities You are alone, it's like nothing is connected...

Conclusion.
I've named Seven cattegories from which two of them depend on what people think. The score so far (without these two cattegories) is:

4:1 for World of Warcraft.
I think it's simply better, has more to offer and is more interesting, You can actualy get the feeling of the world, integrate with it and spend countless days and nights trying to get the final part of Your tier 6 set ;p
GW is only free from monthly pay and might attract people with competitive PvP, as well as with the Oriental, ancient asian feel and battles.
My vote goes for World of Warcraft.

Btw. Why do people keep saying "I hate these games" or "i don't play neither"... Why Do You actually reply to this topic if You didn't played GW or WoW and have nothing to say? The topic isn't about "Do You like MMO's". Pointless post scoring...
Thomme
Keran wrote:

Btw. Why do people keep saying "I hate these games" or "i don't play neither"... Why Do You actually reply to this topic if You didn't played GW or WoW and have nothing to say? The topic isn't about "Do You like MMO's". Pointless post scoring...

U have ur point, I made this post to see which game everybody like,

btw nice post Wink
bri4n5
WoW for sure!! Twisted Evil
Vladalf
Keran wrote:
It's hard to tell which one of those 2 MMO's is better. Depends in what cattegory WoW or GW is better.
I'll try to rate every major one of them:

Features. - WoW
WoW wins. It has so much more to offer than GW and has far more freedom when it comes to gameplay, there are no boundries set like in GW and You can do almost whatever You want.

Community. - WoW
still I think WoW wins. WoW has more mature players, mainly because GW is free of monthly payment and it attracts all kiddies who can't spell...

Game World Feel. - Depends on what people like
That depends on whether someone likes Fantasy/comic graphics and feel, which World of Warcraft provides. Or whether someone likes the oriental feel which GW provides. I myself prefer fantasy/comic feel rather than oriental asian one.

Payment. - Surely GW
This is pretty much one of the few things GW is better at.

PvP - depends on what people like.
GW gives more variety in PvP, it is mostly based upon that. After all it is a Competitive based type of game. Though to be honest it also might depend on what people like. Manga-like battles with lots of bright light and swift moves, or simple sword fighting and magic in WoW.
Still WoW isn't staying back at PvP, it has arenas, battlegrounds, world wide open PvP with the other faction, PvP quests... You can pretty much battle wherever You want and in GW it only happens in arenas... So my pick here is WoW again.

PvE/raiding. - WoW
I have never seen any other MMO that has a better raiding system than World of warcraft one (or maybe I haven't played that many MMO's). There's nothing more fun than raiding in WoW and praying that the next boss will drop another part of Your armour set or new weapon.
GW has only missions that can be done with a group, but don't have to be (you can hire henchmen) and are less exciting than WoW raids.

Game Mechanics. - WoW...
What I hate in MMO games are the boundaries as I said earlier, or world divided on several regions which every one has a loading screen on... In GW what annoys me is that there are cities where You can see players and outside the cities You are alone, it's like nothing is connected...

Conclusion.
I've named Seven cattegories from which two of them depend on what people think. The score so far (without these two cattegories) is:

4:1 for World of Warcraft.
I think it's simply better, has more to offer and is more interesting, You can actualy get the feeling of the world, integrate with it and spend countless days and nights trying to get the final part of Your tier 6 set ;p
GW is only free from monthly pay and might attract people with competitive PvP, as well as with the Oriental, ancient asian feel and battles.
My vote goes for World of Warcraft.

You're really right there. I prefer the WoW PVP. You must have skill there to win!