FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

music production

evilhobouk
what software do i need for music production? To remix a song etc.?
qscomputing
Depends what you want to do. Audacity is the best free audio editor, for example, better than some of the cheaper commercial offerings as well. But perhaps you could be more specific about what you want to do.
lethaltriad
Like qs said would be good if you were a bit more specific. I use Cubase SX 3 for all my audio productions needs with various Vst's installed. Also sometimes I would Rewire it to Reason. Cubase is a little complicated though, another sequencer you could check out is Sonar and I also heard Audacity is good also.
froginabox
For free programs, you can't beat Audacity (or Cool Edit, whatever they call it these days).

Paid versions? It depends on what you want to do. To track and record music from scratch, ProTools is one of the industry standards. This requires however that you have special hardware to use it with. Programs like Cubase are great for production as well. If you want to do loop based music, Sony's ACID and a program called Fruity Loops are very good as well.
aningbo
what kinda music production are you insterested in anyway? professionally or homemade?