You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Seven Wonders of Ancient World

Seven Wonders of Ancient World
Chichen Itza
 0%  [ 0 ]
Great Wall
 47%  [ 10 ]
Machu Picchu
 23%  [ 5 ]
 9%  [ 2 ]
Paramids of Giza
 19%  [ 4 ]
Statue of Liberty
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

your vote ! Question

Chichen Itza

Great Wall

Machu Picchu

Pyramids of Giza

Statue of Liberty

Taj Mahal

what is the statue of liberty doing on the selection? its suppose to be ancient world right?
I think the great wall of china is the best one
only the great china Wall i like what a great its in the old ancient times itself.... wonderful china wall
out of the ones listed, the pyramids are for sure the best ones, especially when you consider that they were part of the Ancient Wonders of the World, and that they are the sole surviving member of that group. I think that that's amazing, and, they're pretty cool to look at too. After that would be the Great Wall for me.
By the way, how come the Statue of Liberty is there? That wasn't voted as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, was it?

Oh and to add change one thing from my previous, I think Machu Picchu is the second best wonder after the pyramids (since i was just there last month), and then the Great Wall (which I am yet to see, but want to desperately).
I am from New York but honestly the Statue of Liberty doesn't deserve to be on there. It was a statue that is breathtaking and the fact that it is a symbol of coming to America and starting a new life is very significant. However, it is not nearly as much of a architectural amazement as all of the others. I would say the Great Wall gets my vote because of the enormity of the task to build that, but the Pyramids of Giza are a very close second because they have been around for so long and are the sole remaining ancient wonder of the world. Also, the Great Wall is so big that it is one of two things man-made structures you can see with the naked eye from space. The other being a dump outside New York City.
I'd vote for Machu Picchu. The site itself is very impressive, but what really makes it amazing is its location: on top of a really $*%@ing steep and high mountain. All of the other monuments on the list are definitely wonderful, but with Machu Picchu it's amazing that they simply got to the construction site in the first place.
I would vote for Great Wall as it took few decades to build and it is really amazing...
Great work Cool
one vote for Machu Picchu, try rotate the pic 90 degrees counter clockwise and you'll get a face of a man ^^
I am not sure either why the Statue of Liberty is there in the list. I have visited it. Admittedly, I haven't been to any of the other places other than the Taj Mahal, but I can definitely tell you that the Statue of Liberty is grossly overhyped. It is one of the few places in the US which I regret spending time and money for, to visit.
Hi Buddy,

i think Taj Mahal and Great Wall of China are the best.
I think the great wall of china is the most impressive just because of how much history about it is still active today. Most of the other wonders have somewhat stagnated imo.

As for the statue of liberty, why's that up there?
taj mahal

and where is it in the poll

dude this is not fair
sonnytheman wrote:
By the way, how come the Statue of Liberty is there? That wasn't voted as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, was it?

Surely not, the statue of liberty is old, but hardly ancient! There has never been a solid and all-around-agreed-upon list of 7 wonders though. It tends to change depending on who's listing them.
billgertz wrote:
what is the statue of liberty doing on the selection? its suppose to be ancient world right?

agreed. americans Rolling Eyes
I'd say Petra, as it's the only one I've been to and is breath-taking. And no-one else has said it. (Go the underdogs!)
huh Statue of Liberty among the seven "ancient" wonders of the world?! Shocked I have serious doubts. Rolling Eyes The Great Wall of China comes first and then Machu Picchu. When people evoke the wonders of the world, don't you find it ironic that there had been enormous sufferings behind their construction (the great wall, the pyramids for example)? Yet they remain marvelous architectures left in our world. Smile they are others also. This list is not exhausted.
I think the sheer collosal size and intricacy of the pyramids beats every other site... also imagine the times when it was made... I have seen the great wall of china and believe me there is no skill in that... I agree the its really huge but thats it ...there is nothing aesthetic about it... I agree Taj mahal is very beautiful but then it was still doable .... and so are the others as well .... and I dont even want to talk about the Statue of liberty .... its not ancient.....