FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm still noobie about contests and marketplace...

Da Rossa
Hi,
It's been a while since I see, under the contests section, people asking for something, help, ideas, whatever in exchange for some Frih$. But I never traded, donated, paid and whatsoever, do I just click the 'donate' button and specify the amount? I ask this because I don't want to be blacklisted for lack of knowledge... Smile
Also, let's say that I have a particularly difficult to solve problem in my computer. Also, let's say that I already tried asking under the software/operational systems section, but no one returned a satisfactory answer. So, is this an indication that I should try the contests or marketplace section, offer some F$ to hope for a solution?
In this case, what would be more suitable? Contests or Marketplace?

Thanks guys!
tidruG
If you want to pay someone for something, you basically need to donate the amount to them.

Quote:
Also, let's say that I have a particularly difficult to solve problem in my computer. Also, let's say that I already tried asking under the software/operational systems section, but no one returned a satisfactory answer. So, is this an indication that I should try the contests or marketplace section, offer some F$ to hope for a solution?
There's no need to try the Marketplace or Contests section. Marketplace is meant for exhanging services/graphics/etc, while Contests forum is meant for contests. Neither of these forums has anything to do with support-related threads. You could just wait till someone else comes up with a satisfactory answer or try to provide more details in the thread so that others can try and reply.

In fact, I made a rule in the Contests forum that it must not be mistaken for the Marketplace. However, I still see many threads in the Contests forum which in my opinion should have been in the Marketplace forum... I think it's time to get a little more strict about that in that forum.
Da Rossa
I've read that topic, that was what motivated me to come in here Very Happy

And lets say the "service" I want is something related to Firefox customization that would require some knowledge of coding, which I don't have. Is one of the two areas suitable for this?
It is not a 'hardware' configuration problem, like it's not a request for a graphic/photoshop edition, I think that this would come like a middle-term. What do you think?
And thanks!
tidruG
I think it's not a contest Smile
You normally could just ask that in the appropriate forum without even having to offer FRIH$ for it, probably.
Da Rossa
tidruG wrote:
I think it's not a contest Smile
You normally could just ask that in the appropriate forum without even having to offer FRIH$ for it, probably.

But sometimes I still have the problem and the answers just don't show up... perhaps on this case the F$ are good motivation...
Thanks man!