FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Data Recovery Software

orcaz
Does anyone know of any free and good software which can recover files from a HDD camcorder which has crashed?
bukaida
Digital Photo Recovery is a digital image recovery program designed for media recovery. This digital picture recovery software will recover lost, deleted and formatted digital photos, audio and video files from removable media such as SmartMedia, CompactFlash, Memory Stick, MicroDrive, xD Picture Card, FlashCard, PC Card, Multimedia Card, SD Card, from Zip Disks, Floppy Disks, Hard Disks or other storage devices. This digital image recovery software will undelete, unerase, recover and rescue pictures, images, photos and files lost on corrupted, erased or damaged Compact Flash, Smart Media, Memory Sticks, MMD, XD, Multimedia or SD Secure Digital Memory Cards, hard drives or other storage devices.
Checkout at--
http://www.sharewareconnection.com/download-digital-photo-recovery-from-sharecon.html
memuser
In Data recovery either you can recover data or you can recover partition on hard disk, though it takes a bit of time. Also the some softwares allow to recover data by file type. recover by partition, recovery by local drive. Also it offers surface scan or detail scan option for file recovery depending on condition of file. Files may got currupt due to over writing.
Some of free software for recovery are Pc Inspector file recover, Easy recovery. etc. Its available on google search to find it for free.
shutup_alfredo
This acctually happened to me 2 days ago. i deleted one of my windows accounts and from some reason it didn't keep my files like i told it to. so i was really upset. but i found a program that acctually works. it is "recover my files" this program really works. i know there are some free ones but they are not that great. try it out if you like it buy it. i Did and i was satisfied. i you do happen to find a free on let me know, i will be upset that i had to buy one, but it would help me in advision others about it. thanx
wlfgngct
Unfortunately, I don't know of any good free ones, but if you can find a local shop running OnTrack, it's pretty reliable if they know what they're doing.
froginabox
Take it to any reputable shop and they'll do it. It's not the most cheap thing in the world, because it's not always easy to recover data from a crashed drive. There aren't too many freeware utilities out there to do this because there isn't a huge demand for it.
ashis_csedu
Hi,
You can recover your data using Easy Recovery Pro 5.11. It works nice, but the success rate is dependent on the type of format you performed on your hard drive. If you quick formatted your hard drive, then you can (I hope) all data of it, but I guarantee you one thing that if you perform a standard format, you will never get your data back with any software I guess.

By the way, you can find the Easy Recovery Pro in the following link -

[url]
http://www.4shared.com/dir/4219752/73c44a4d/sharing.html
[/url]

with thanks
Ashis
securnet
ashis_csedu wrote:
Hi,
You can recover your data using Easy Recovery Pro 5.11. It works nice, but the success rate is dependent on the type of format you performed on your hard drive. If you quick formatted your hard drive, then you can (I hope) all data of it, but I guarantee you one thing that if you perform a standard format, you will never get your data back with any software I guess.

Ashis

I can say tha also after a standard format it is possible to recover data. Only after a low level format or after using some security selete tools (that perform several writes and deletes to the cluster that first contained data) it will be very difficult to recover data.
FunDa
orcaz wrote:
Does anyone know of any free and good software which can recover files from a HDD camcorder which has crashed?

If its HDD has crashed, I don't know if just some software will work.

Is the disk reading at all ?

I used "Recover my files" software to recover files from a camcoder memory card which was formatted.

But crashed HDD, I don't thnk it will work. Let us know in this thread if it does ...
IceAge
If the hard drive has suffered a physical crash then it is not possible to recover data through software. You have to consult data recovery service company and it is costly affair. Data recovery service company will analyze your hard drive free of cost and will send the report. The report clearly state that what data can be recovered. IF you are satisfied with the result then your service will be done.
albuferque
There are several programs such as Ontrack Easy Recovery, Winternals Disk Commander, Active Partition Recovery and Active Uneraser that will boot your system straight into DOS, then perform file recovery.

You can have these and other tools with Hiren's Boot CD
For more information visit:
http://www.hiren.info
Marcuzzo
I use RIP.. Recovery is possible
ezekiel_rage
Have you tried using photorec?

its very good at recovering lost files. its also free.

i always use this to recover from hard drive crashes.

this will work provided that the disk/media is not physically damged and can still be read or at least detected by the OS.

if this happens to you again, DO NOT use the disk to ensure that the integrity of the files are not compromised and ensure full recovery.
Cholen
I have a corrupt HDD, i could recover my files with the tools that you says, but i have problems to recover office files, I've used OfficeFIX but it is shareware, do you know a free office recovery tool?
foxwolfizzi
Use Recuva, it's small recovery apps from Piriform.

Always use this app whenever i accidentally format my drive or delete my files :v