FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Table In Database Corrupt?

Kaisonic
Hi there:

My site, located at http://www.thesonictales.com, uses PHP-Nuke, and it has worked just fine for quite some time now, but, as you can see on the web page, there is no news. And when I go to the stories archive, it's empty, pretending there were never any stories.

So I went over to phpMyAdmin and looked at the table for the stories, nuke_stories, and it came up with this error:

Code:
#1016 - Can't open file: 'nuke_stories.MYI'. (errno: 145)

Are my stories gone? Has the file become corrupted? This seems to be the only table in my database this has happened to. I really hope they aren't gone, because I made another backup recently, overriding my old backup, and it recorded this error in the backup file instead of the data in the table. What's going on?
Bondings
Unfortunately our backup has the same file (last edit 30 july) and not the previous one, so that's not a help. The only thing you can do is try to repair the file (sql command or in phpmyadmin). Do you also know what was/is inside it? Because it's currently only 6KB big, so it isn't able to hold much text.
Kaisonic
Well, I never would have thought it would've been that simple... I clicked the table, hit "Repair", and poof! All the stories are back! Thanks Bondings!

Now to take care of the random music I apparently have in my account...