FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Putting videos to a disk and playing on PS2

Sparda
Hi. I was wondering if I could somehow put a few of my videos from my computer onto a disk to play them on the PS2. Maybe in a DVD format kind of way. If this is possible to do.. How could I do this?

I have CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD-R disks currently. ~Thanks
Zombie
Sure, use a suite like videostudio to burn your movies to a dvd, then just play it like a regular dvd in ur ps2.
Simple enough =)
internetjobs
you can use adobe premiere for editing your video also
Jaan
What files are you trying to burn? .iso's or .avi's?
Use DVDShrink to burn .iso's and Nero to burn .avi's (it will convert them for you). I don't think PS2 supports DivX...
Bones
Your best bet is really to invest in a DivX player. Then you can burn avi files to DVD and play them directly with no conversion, well as long as they were encoded using a DivX or XviD codec.

I picked one up for about $50 and loved it so much that I bought one for my girlfriend too. Now I couldn't live without my DivX player. You can fit usually between 3 and 6 movies on each dvd as opposed to one, and also to convert one avi movie that is about 700M in size to dvd format, you are looking at 3-4 hours of encoding per movie. The time actually depends heavily on your system hardware, but I would say 3-4 hours per movie is about average.

If you insist on using the PS2 and want to learn to convert to dvd format try this website:
www.videohelp.com in my opinion, it's probably the best website on the net for this kind of stuff.
http://www.doom9.org/ is another great site.

If you want easy to use software, I would use Nero as suggested above. If you want really good software, I highly recommend TMPG Encoder suite, it's a bit of a learning curve, but you won't get better results anywhere else.
shutup_alfredo
ore use nero recode to make dvd.
Sparda
Ok so I will use Nero for this situation. I have a bunch of small videos (about 3:00-10:00 minutes each).
Will I need to merge all these videos together?