FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I Am Making a Commercial, Give Your Ideas! Frih$ for Ideas!

Ratman2050
Okay here is the plan, I have a new website called the Dev Network.

It is a Developer and IT related website. It has interviews, resources, articles, forums, and soon to be built social community (similar to myblog or myspace) and an awards system for nominated sites (coming soon).

I want to do some viral marketing (youtube) and need a commercial idea for the video.

I can't think of anything off the bat but it can be any one or combined one of these genres: humor (funny), action (thriller), informative (infomercial), fantasy (sci-fi), luxury (rich).

I prefer Humor and/or Fantasy but whatever attracts an audience floats my boat.

Prizes:

Each Idea is 15 FRIH$
5 Ideas are 50 FRIH$
Best Idea is 150 FRIH$

Please submit ideas worth quality and originality, I have the right to reject any ideas if they seem completely unoriginal or, excuse me, "stupid". But thats highly unlikely right? Your FRIHosters!
Azrath
Uhhhh How about a humourous one.
1.Have someone saying they dont like it then Tackle them and say if you say that i attack like a bear.
I know its weird but hey all i could think of!
Ratman2050
Kinda wierd, but its a start, 15 FRIH$ sent.
Captain Fertile
Am I correct to presume you are looking for ideas not involving live action (to keep productions costs down?

A series of pictures (like a slide show with ambient music) showing things like, a scrawny man, a desert, a map of Africa, a dark photograph etc. etc. with the tagline at the end - everyone needs a little help with development. (conentrating on pictures of examples of things under-developed, each picture could actually have "under-developed" on it)

Corny but an idea.
Ratman2050
Actually you can add anything, I am not hiring pro actors like johnny depp or anything so yeah, the special effects are the costly part.

I presume you may be adding more ideas, so I will wait and send the frih$.
Azrath
I have a scifi one Dress someone up as "ET" And Make him go on the phone and call someone(Not real person)and say go to this site at:BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
Dalv87
Ratman2050 wrote:
informative (infomercial)

Um, you don't have to pay me for this, but I think the only way to have a viral infomercial would involve making fun of the "head on! apply directly to the forehead. head on!...." commercials, but I'm not really sure how exactly you might do that.
Captain Fertile
Ratman2050 wrote:
Actually you can add anything, I am not hiring pro actors like johnny depp or anything so yeah, the special effects are the costly part.

I presume you may be adding more ideas, so I will wait and send the frih$.

I may well add more ideas but please no FH$ are required. Very Happy

PS When I meant production costs would increase with live action due to the requirments of a decent camera with sound and maybe lighting etc.

If you can produce the ad on you PC it works out a lot cheaper. e.g. something I made today for FREE after reading your post:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uclub9tlg3Y
Ratman2050
@ Azrath nice try Smile.

@ CFertile, I don't need anything expert, but just clean and sleek. I would rather have myself in the ad because... (im a showofff Laughing ).

I have a decent digital camera with 1 minute 20 sec of vid time, thats all I need, and sound is just music, and lighting nothing professional.

And I see you have talent with videos, I have no experience, sending you a PM.
Azrath
Thanks and i have no experice what so ever of making videos im just creative!
im gonna go make a short video real quick!
Ratman2050
I'm still open to more ideas Azrath.
Azrath
Gotcha UMMM HMM LETS SEE UMMM Buy a panda bear and teach to type on the Internet!LOL!
Captain Fertile
I've been tinkering again, this is my latest video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kto_WAlqvHM

If you think I might be able to help let me know and I will do what I can (time allowing of course).

Cheers
CF
Ratman2050
Thats some good work CF. I am still waiting for the winning reply here though. Need ideas!
Captain Fertile
Ratman2050 wrote:
Thats some good work CF. I am still waiting for the winning reply here though. Need ideas!

I really think for this project you are in the best position to come up with the best ideas - nobody knows what you want and how to accuratly potray it better than you. It may feel like trying to get blood out of a stone but look around YouTube and see what movies grab your attention and work out why they do it for you.

What makes the most popular movies so popular?

It doesn't have to be comlicated of too clever, just fun and simple as long as the idea is sound. Just like a webiste, it can have all the bells and wistles but if the content isn't there people are not going to hang around.

I am still messing around with ideas (and trying to get to know what the software can do) but my latest video is here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OTnUcgPpvFg

I think it shows how you decide what you want to say and then you decide how you are going to say it in a way people might just want to watch and enjoy. Just like any form of advertising sometimes you will miss but other times you will be spot on the target and wll reap the rewards.

So think about WHAT it is you want to tell people about the product/service or whatever. Then try and think of an off the wall way to convey the message.

A unique advertisement is good but a cliche' can also be good too. But whatver you do have fun with it, never lose sight of your aim and if you have a good time with it then it will come acfross in the advertisement itself.

Need help give me a shout! Smile
Ratman2050
Those are good videos your making, what software do you use to make them? How do you get the sounds and stuff? Would really like to know thanks.

In the meantime I will try to come up with something.
Captain Fertile
I just use windows movie maker which came as part of windows XP for free. The software is pretty good but it is only ever as good as the imagination you use to create your own work.

As for the music int the first movie I created that is created by me using a piece of software called 'Hip Hop 3' which a bought new from a local 1 store (so it cost me about 60 cents USD I would guess). I love tinkering with software and coming up with fresh idea for using it. In facy that piece of music was the first music I created with the software.

The other sound are .mp3 files from the net and the images I usually create with Photoshop. Like I say, using things available on the net keep costs down and there are plenty of royalty free things available too if you need them.
Ratman2050
this contest is over I made my own idea please close.