FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GTA4 Delayed

Yjaxygames
GTA4's release date was october. But now it is April 2008. What do you think about that? I personally think it's too bad, but they shouldn't rush to complete the game in October. It's a great game that needs time. But it's not a few weeks or a month later, it's like half a year later. That really makes me think there are some problems in the studios. But it's good for other games.
Patriot Players
A great game that needs time? Hardly. The GTA series is completely lacking any real gameplay or depth. The main reason people keep buying it is because they can go on massive rampages throughout whatever city the latest iteration is set in. The games are usually buggy, below average graphics, and their only redeeming factor is the rampage element.
dolly983
gta is realy nice game Wink
Packfan104L4
Patriot Players wrote:
A great game that needs time? Hardly. The GTA series is completely lacking any real gameplay or depth. The main reason people keep buying it is because they can go on massive rampages throughout whatever city the latest iteration is set in. The games are usually buggy, below average graphics, and their only redeeming factor is the rampage element.

Pfft, no gameplay? Tell that to San Andreas which took at LEAST 80 hours for me to get 100%, and that's with guides to find all of the hidden items. And the graphics are average because of the extremely large world. You try building hi def overlays for a full city.

This type of thread has been killed to death.
Yjaxygames
Patriot Players wrote:

I have one tihng to say: shut the ****** up!
GTA4 will be a revolution of the games! A free roaming city in hi def with amazing detail and more gameplay than any other game you know.

And I am not discussing GTA here but the delay of the game.
Fake
Surely it is a bit disappointed, but when it comes out, it will be awesome, same as the next edition of NFS
QrafTee
Packfan104L4 wrote:
Patriot Players wrote:

Pfft, no gameplay? Tell that to San Andreas which took at LEAST 80 hours for me to get 100%, and that's with guides to find all of the hidden items. And the graphics are average because of the extremely large world. You try building hi def overlays for a full city.

Okay... a lot of fetch quest makes good gameplay? Not even fetch quests... they're just hide-and-seek quests...

To be honest, Patriot is right. GTA has no real gameplay when you take out the "running from cops" and "going on a rampage" elements. But the point is the game DOES have that and it's what makes it good. Great...? Maybe borderline.
SpellcasterDX
I think it's a smart move, but at the same time it isn't so smart. It's smart cause it gives them more time to work on it to make it the best it can be, but at the same time it isn't so smart cause games who have been anxiously waiting have to wait another whole 6 months. Some of those gamers might lose their patience and just go out and spend the money they have saved up on another game that will come out the day it was said to be released.
lethaltriad
I saw on G4 that they since there are much better graphic capabilities with the newer generation gaming consoles then they can really push the graphics to another level with this new GTA. Really looking forward to it though, one of the favourite games thats super addicitive. Good thing they pushed it back also, never a good thing to rush a release and just have more problems with bugs when they can make a better game, i'm willing to wait =)
ExBuM
The delay is pretty bittersweet for me. I had my fall season planned around it, but I guess when they actually do release the game it'll be that much better.
dcfive65ive
good choice to delay the game because in my opinion, its a way to get the cons out, i would much rather have the game come out in april than in 2 months,
spykE
Better delay then releasing an incompleted game, that's what I say :p.
xorcist
They have been delaying a lot of games recently. They should even give a specific date on when a game is coming out or just say a month before it comes out so they know for a fact that it is going to be released. But I guess the longer it take the more glitches it had or just making it better.
Nutteloos
xorcist wrote:
They should even give a specific date on when a game is coming out or just say a month before it comes out so they know for a fact that it is going to be released.

I'm a big supporter of this idea, really. What use is a release date when 90% is either not going to make it on that date, or is rushed and thus bugged or incomplete. It's not like I'm going to lie in front of any stores to be the first to play a game anyway. When it comes out, it comes out, and when it doesn't I'll wait.
mattchun
Better game delayed later, trust me you guys!
McDucque
A friend of mine was telling me of a tech demo somewhere online for GTA4. From what he told me, the gameplay sounds like its been vamped up tenfold.

The situation was a call on your cellphone that you had to take out this executive, but the only way to see him was in the office, so you had to go to a internet cafe, submit a resume to the guy, get a call and schedule an interview, do other stuff for a few days, buy a suit and a gun, and then take him out in his office.

Another situation had you taking out someone in a park, but you didnt know what they looked like, so you had to call them, and look at who picked up their phone, and shoot them =P

Police have like, an obvious field of vision now..

It just sounds rediculous, the more and more I hear about it. I'm very psyched.
irishmark
QrafTee wrote:
Packfan104L4 wrote:
Patriot Players wrote:

Okay... a lot of fetch quest makes good gameplay? Not even fetch quests... they're just hide-and-seek quests...

To be honest, Patriot is right. GTA has no real gameplay when you take out the "running from cops" and "going on a rampage" elements. But the point is the game DOES have that and it's what makes it good. Great...? Maybe borderline.

Wow guys! Thats alot of grand sweeping statments. The GTA series is a hugley sucesful game so stating that it has no real game play is a bit like saying that swimming is not a real sport! Its an opinion! but its an inaccurate fact. Simply because of its sucess it is a great game and there seem to be thousands of people out there who disagree with you. If everyone thought it had poor game play we wouldnt all be sat around awaiting the release of No.4 now would we.
irishmark
QrafTee wrote:
Packfan104L4 wrote:
Patriot Players wrote:

Wow guys! Thats alot of grand sweeping statments. The GTA series is a hugley sucesful game so stating that it has no real game play is a bit like saying that swimming is not a real sport! Its an opinion! but its an inaccurate fact. Simply because of its sucess it is a great game and there seem to be thousands of people out there who disagree with you. If everyone thought it had poor game play we wouldnt all be sat around awaiting the release of No.4 now would we.
gibbo
lol late just like Half Life 2. it really sucks though but i wont be able to play the game till 6 years later im waiting for the price to drop or atleast a PC version.
achowles
Not having a console, I couldn't care less. Very Happy
I doubt that it will affect the lethargic PC release date in any case.
Afaceinthematrix
I only got GTA III and Vice City.... I only got both because they came together... I don't need any more because they are all pretty much the same game, so I don't need to waste money getting the rest of the games.
Kelcey
I think it's a good thing. They get more time to work on the game and considering EVERYTHING that's coming out for all 3 consoles this year, you won't even notice that it's gone.
m-productions
The only people that are going to hurt from this is M$, and they will big time, with the 50 million that put down on this game to get exclusive content... they were hoeping to get a big payback from this when the game was let out... now that it is delayed... they will not be getting this payment when they hoped... thus its going to hurt M$ (even tho they say this has not effected them...everyone knows this is BS). I think it needs to be delayed... tho I have never liked the GTA games (I agree with the other posts about how they dont like it with the gameplay...ect) but this one looks like its going to be a lot different (I hope)
Erst
This game, is good ?
I never played,
thi is bad.
no have a money for games.
Chance570
It sucks but hey, its all good you know.

I mean if you're a Xbox 360 owner anyways, you'll have all these titles to chose from starting off with BioShock that was released a few days ago.

You get the picture
romeolovejully
i played GTA III, VIce city and Sandandreas, GTA series is great game, love it very much. Very Happy
newso
Id rather that that do delay things if it means the game will be perfect. The last thing we need is a rushed game. It just shows that the game is going to be quality the time they are putting into it.
Tatsumaru
Good for me, that means I still have some time to save money to buy a PS3... I was planning to buy the PS3 once GTA4 came out, but I wouldn't have been able to buy it next month haha. Also, this will just mean the game will get better and better.
Billwaa
I never played Grand Theft Auto. I bought my first copy of it for PS2 today. GTA Vice City, I think it is. It is funny though. The dude ask me for an ID to show I am 17. I was like "I never know you have to be 17 or older to buy games..." but lucky I have my driver's liscne with me, so I got it, lol.
dj281
Am Soo Annoyed At This. I've Been Lookin Forward 2 This
datter
If the delay is going to make for a more polished game, then great. That said I suspect GTA4 will be more of the same that was in GTA3, which was more of the same from GTA2, which was more of the same from the original GTA... which honestly, was more of the same from the old schooll GTA titles.

My 2 cents.