FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fatal Error: Can't Install Joomla!!

jmlworld
I have tried to install Joomla's full backage to my site more than one time, but, alas, I failed to do so, during the first step of Joomla installation, I got this Error masage claiming that joomla/intall/dir/includes/version.php is not in the allowed paths extracting from joomla.php.

Well, I was there in the code modifying the joomla.php, [requre_once( 'includes/version.php')] to [require_once('version.php')] also i modified all the relative includes in joomla.php like that way.

What was next, is that my site was offline, went back there and installed the joomla manually. Eventually, there were lots of error massages appearing.

I went back to my DirectAdmin and created a file test.php with the content <?php phpinfo();?>, OK my php doesn't support virtual directory, while joomla requires the virtual directory...

I tested joomla in my local server (localhost), it worked. I turned virtual directory support off, Joomla failed.

Question So my question here is that, do you really think the problem is the disabled virtual directory support?
dwikristianto
IMHE (in my humble experience),
i always install joomla whenever all of its requirement available at the hosting i used, if NOT, i never think to install it.

joomla give u more, but sure it need more.