FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

An Urgent Error in Direct Admin

taytay
In my direct admin I have those pictured links at the top of the page. the squirrelmail link is broken

when I click it the link directs my browser to "http://localhost/squirrelmail"

same thing for the links under "Email Management"
only there SquirrelMail and UebiMiau's links begin with "http://localhost/"

Anyone else with Direct Admin have this minor bug or and I the luck one xP
Bondings
This is most likely because you are using the 80-port tunnel for DirectAdmin (which has some bugs). Please use http://www.frih.net:2222/ to get the normal version.
taytay
ohhooo, There we go now.

well at least you already knew about it... that makes me feel a bit dumb :p haha.

I'll use that port from here on to ease my uses Wink
coreymanshack
Wow, this makes the second person I've seen on the forums that posted their crap more than once. Bondings. I was wondering. Why is port 80 so much more different from port 2222?
Bondings
coreymanshack wrote:
Wow, this makes the second person I've seen on the forums that posted their crap more than once. Bondings. I was wondering. Why is port 80 so much more different from port 2222?

2222 is the normal port and setup for DirectAdmin. However, because that port is sometimes blocked, I made a port 80 tunnel on the cp subdomain (should work every domain/subdomain on the server). I got it from the DirectAdmin forums. Unfortunately it's not perfect and for some reason some functions/links aren't working. And since the DirectAdmin code is a closed-source binary, I don't think there is anything I can change about it.

Also, please don't use this kind of language on our forums (crap) as we're trying to keep these forums friendly, open to everyone and not insulting.
coreymanshack
Bondings wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:

2222 is the normal port and setup for DirectAdmin. However, because that port is sometimes blocked, I made a port 80 tunnel on the cp subdomain (should work every domain/subdomain on the server). I got it from the DirectAdmin forums. Unfortunately it's not perfect and for some reason some functions/links aren't working. And since the DirectAdmin code is a closed-source binary, I don't think there is anything I can change about it.

Also, please don't use this kind of language on our forums (crap) as we're trying to keep these forums friendly, open to everyone and not insulting.

Woops, didn't realize "crap" was so bad.
taytay
I'm sure it's not the word so much as how it's worded into a sentence. If it's capable of hurting a 6 year olds feelings then it's probably not something that will be wanted in the forums...

just as an example...

bah nvm. lol.
bri4n5
Bondings wrote:

2222 is the normal port and setup for DirectAdmin. However, because that port is sometimes blocked, I made a port 80 tunnel on the cp subdomain...

Like me, i cannot access through 2222. Thanks a lot for adding the port tunnel Smile