FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

web 2.0

hdavy2002
i am looking to make a web2.0 logo, some guidance is needed. i tried googling but was stuck. Do u guys know any software that generates a web 2.0 logo.
AftershockVibe
Uhhh... what?

Do you mean that you want a logo that says "web 2.0" on it?

If you don't mean that then I'm afraid you've been reading too many buzzword filled PR and tech fluff articles. Web 2.0, as far as I can tell, is usually used to refer to community based content sites like YouTube, Digg, Slashdot and the like or, for some reason, anything that uses AJAX technology. Logos for those sites are made just like the logos for all other sites - using an image editor, most likely PhotoShop.

Smile
infobankr
you might be thinking of a favicon.ico - try searching for favicon.ico, you'll find the info easily.
OS Master
I think he wants to make a logo that looks Web 2.0, such as something round, uses Calibiri font, etc. You can do all that and more in Photoshop.
shkumbin
OS Master wrote:
I think he wants to make a logo that looks Web 2.0, such as something round, uses Calibiri font, etc. You can do all that and more in Photoshop.

I think he wants to do that do, but if you can't use photoshop just google 'web 2.0 logo generator' and you can make one online fast and easy, round fonts and a reflection.

They are kindda cool but pretty much all the same...
lastlegion
Use photoshop u can make really good looking logos with that. Or if you are looking for a free alternative then I think you should use Gimp, it is quite good but isnt as user friendly as photoshop.
jackill
You can find some really good tutorials here: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/03/10/web-20-tutorials-round-up/