FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

You have exceeded the allotted amount of posts and will not

gerpg
You have exceeded the allotted amount of posts and will not earn anything for your post

Lol, it appears im too active! lmao... All my posts actually have a point as well, except this one of course lol...

this happened to anyone else?
ocalhoun
It used to happen a lot to me, but I think the threshold was raised a bit, and I don't see it anymore.
(Or perhaps I'm just less active than I used to be)

It's just a subtle message from the system saying 'slow down just a bit there... Save some for tomorrow.'
imagefree
Really!!! Does it happen at frihost? I have never faced such a problem.
jharsika
Is there a limited amount of posts per day or something?
Vrythramax
jharsika wrote:
Is there a limited amount of posts per day or something?

I don't think it's not as much posts as points....you can conitue posting, but won't get any points Thsi is more to stop spammers who post in flurry in one day to gain points to keep their free hosting....then disappear for months on end.
Arseniy
Gah, cool!
I didn't even know that it's possible!
Man, you were just mad if you did such thing, I cannot post more than 10-15 posts a day - and it's not maxium, I think.
djcaution
Wow. I definitely have never even came close...
desertwind
djcaution wrote:
Wow. I definitely have never even came close...

Me too either. I'm trying hard not to fall down too deep Smile
gerpg
lol, well its a combination of not being able to sleep and the fact that forums can be fun lol.. i think i posted a little over 35 posts lol. Laughing

Louis.
Aless
It's primarily in place to stop spammers from posting repeatedly and flooding the forum.

Never happened to me Smile.
jylan
This has never happened to me either. Sometimes I get on a roll and post about 10 times in a row but then I can't seem to find any more interesting topice Rolling Eyes I suppose the fact that I'm always being told to hurry up and free the phone line doesn't help either.
GSIS
It hasn't happened to me, and I don't suppose it will, although I post frequently when I'm not really in the mood to be adding stuff to my web site.

Also, over the last few days I seem to be timing my efforts to do some work precisely with the Server 2 hourly Apache restart. It seems as though I can time it absolutely spot on every time! This increases my forum posting while I'm waiting for the restart to complete.
imagefree
What would be the limit of posts after which the poster is not awarded points?
Kaisonic
Haha, nope, never seen that before. I guess my current -25 points would explain it though... hehe. I blame it on the fact that I stopped getting emails when my account got down to -5.
JBotAlan
Well, I surely have never seen that message. Frihost has to keep nudging me with warning emails to keep my hosting alive! I poke my account just long enough to maintain my hosting...then that's it for a month or so.

Every once in a while it is fun in these forums, but I have so many other things to do.

JBot
Vrythramax
It happened to me once, but I was on a writing spree and didn't realize there were limitations....hasn't happened since though.
tribe
I think its a good idea honestly. If you post 35 or X times in a day and don't get any more points after X amount of points in that day, does it really matter? Chances are you are a very dedicated poster on this forum and will be back to get the max amount of points in the next day!

Frihost is a great service, we can't let people abuse it!
divinitywolf
it happened to me near when i first joined.
When somethings new you have to try it out and it seems amazing so i posted and posted and posted and thoroughly enjoyed myself!
Vrythramax
divinitywolf wrote:
When somethings new you have to try it out and it seems amazing so i posted and posted and posted and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

It was the exact same thing with me! I found so many different topics to post on I just went nuts. I have since learned to keep my mouth shut in some forums. Sad
rvec
Vrythramax wrote:
divinitywolf wrote:

It was the exact same thing with me! I found so many different topics to post on I just went nuts. I have since learned to keep my mouth shut in some forums. Sad

So you go to #frihost (see sig) and can't shut up over there Razz

I never had that much posts on a day. I like to think i have to much other important things to do Cool
tidruG
I think it lets you post 35 posts in one day before it stops giving you points or FRIH$. Either it counts up to 35 posts, or it counts upto some value of points (around 130 or so) when it stops giving you any more... I'm not sure. I could check up, but later. It really isn't so important.
What's important is that if you get the message that you have exceeded the allotted amount of posts, you should really think about taking a break Wink
apple
This happened to me once (I think) and I was totally shocked. I thought I was banned or something...lol
I figured it out after I actually read the pop up tho. Rolling Eyes
Vrythramax
rvec wrote:
So you go to #frihost (see sig) and can't shut up over there Razz

Oh my...your so funny I think I'll kill you last Razz

Different timezones....and I needed sleep....sue me.
mathiaus
WOW. Watch me write as much as I can about whether or not I have ever recieved this message and then comment on how much I post in a day... all to get some easy points. I know this is pointless but so many people have this done already in this topic alone. I just hope nobody ever actually reads my post and realises I'm posting something not worth the database space I'm taking up.

Yes. I'm in a bad mood

-close-