FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

domain names?

evilhobouk
i have a website with a different provider but it gives me literally no bandwidth which is why I want to give frihost a try. I paid for my domain name with this other company though. Does anyone know if I can move it onto my frihost site and if so, how?
AftershockVibe
You should probably have asked this in the Frihost support forum because the changes need to be made at both ends.

Firstly, you need to set the Name Server records at your domain registrar to point to FriHost's Name Servers. There should be some sort of control panel on their website for administration. This can take up to 72 hours to propogate around the whole net but usually works within about half an hour in my experience.

Secondly, you need to get an account admin at FriHost to associate the domain with your site on the FriHost webserver so their server knows where to send people when they ask for your domain.
otiscom
Check with your existing host first, they may charge you to move it!
dude_xyx
Where did you register this domain ? Is it a web hosting company where u get a free domain when you buy a hosting package ? If they have given you a control panel to manage your domain then simply change the name servers with frihost name servers.
internetjobs
register from a valided domain hoster
frih
according to me , it is not possible to move your website but alternatively you can use redirection tag in your web page to target your website to your frih host website.

for example---------------

if the name of your website is www.abcd.com

<html>
<title>abcd</title>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2; url=www.frihost.com"> <!---redirection tag->
<head>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

just copy and paste above redirection tag , to target your website to another website.
here '2' specify the time after which the site is redirected , you can use '0' to prevent waiting.

if need more help then just pm me.

regards
abhi Laughing