FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Move the Report Topic link up

Scorpio
Frankly, I report quite a lot of useless topics on the forum. Now, I've noticed that I accidentally click the "Watch topic for replies" link instead of the reporting link.

I am sure that the report link is far more used than the watch topics one. Anyway, the watching topics thingy is mostly spam since you get mails every now and then..

I would like to request frihost to relocate the position of the report topic link or simply interchange it with the watch topic one.

Thanks
ocalhoun
I don't know about just switching the links, though.
It may confuse people who are already used to the way it is now.

I would move it to one of two places:
1: Just above the post reply button. (If people hit it by accident, they can use the back button)
2: At the top of the topic, in case you can tell it's a worthless topic without reading the whole thing.

I don't see how it would be used often anyway, though. In a case where that link could be used, I report just the first post of the topic, which in the majority of the cases is the real guilty party anyway.
Scorpio
ocalhoun wrote:

I would move it to one of two places:
1: Just above the post reply button. (If people hit it by accident, they can use the back button)
2: At the top of the topic, in case you can tell it's a worthless topic without reading the whole thing.

1. Probably not, because it most certainly will lead to accidental clicks all the time
2. This was turned down because it is not possible to tell if the topic needs reporting without going through the whole page.

As a matter of fact, I do report a lot of stupid topics so it is useful atleast for me. As I said before, I am sure few people subscribe to post updates.