FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox timeout issues

hack_man_
I am unable to access deviantART since their updates to the server (I have no idea what they did) due to timeouts... The dA server has really slowed down and I can't access their website from anywhere because it times out. How do I change the timeout time on firefox?
gerpg
I don't think you can change timeout times within the browser. Try opening it in IE, if there's still a problem its likely to be something like your firewall stopping the connection to DA.

Louis.
Urban
I get the same problem with DA, do you have fasterfox?
gerpg
I have Fasterfox, im in New Zealand (known for the worst interenet ever, lol) I can load deviant art fine.

Because you have visited DA before and apparently its been upgraded since, try clearing your cache and internet history before loading the page. Tools > Internet options... etc. Then try to load the page and press Ctrl+F5.

If this doesn't work....

It may be:
- Firewall issues
- connection problems with DA server
- ISP (internet service provider)
- Firefox Version
- Network settings
- heaps of other things.

Try loading DA using a Proxy.
goto: http://proxy.org/

Enter DA's URL and see if you can load it that way. If you can then it might be an ISP problem or a DNS notify has gone walkabout, which isn't likley at all..

Louis
hack_man_
Thanks for all your help guys, but I have just discovered that my ISP has blocked it using their obtrusive and privacy impeaching proxy. Apparently, deviantART has been blocked because it is a "Sexually-Orientated Dating" website... :p
Urban
hack_man_ wrote:
Thanks for all your help guys, but I have just discovered that my ISP has blocked it using their obtrusive and privacy impeaching proxy. Apparently, deviantART has been blocked because it is a "Sexually-Orientated Dating" website... :p

yes, DA is also blocked for this reason at my school Razz Good job Wink