FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Stalker

Jeff_vella_leone
any cheats you know

its a dam hard game and my pc berly handles it
it absorbes much cpu the only week point i have in my pc
David_Pardy
If you cheat at it, you'll never be able to enjoy playing it as much as if you do the hard work and slog through it the way it was made to be done and your money will have been wasted.
Jeff_vella_leone
David_Pardy wrote:
If you cheat at it, you'll never be able to enjoy playing it as much as if you do the hard work and slog through it the way it was made to be done and your money will have been wasted.

well usually i dont like to chat but this game man its kinda boring
you have lot of things to do and i personally i don't have that much time

and where i have arribved i have encountered a mutant that it seems that he doesnt want to die no matter how much bullets i waste on him

need some armor cheats or at least some unlimited weight cheats because im too heavy dont have where to place my things
AftershockVibe
None of the enemies in stalker are invincible. Aim for the head.

Also, if you are encumbered then you are carrying too much. You don't need all the equipment and you probably don't need the money either.

I'd encourage you not to cheat as it will make the game extremely dull. There don't seem to be any built-in cheats for the game but I'm sure if you google for a trainer you'd find one.
Kitten Kong
The whole fun of this game is the difficulty, you really have to slog your way through and you can't just snipe people from 100 metres with your pistol.
Alie
I have seen some trainers for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in network, but not sure for which version they are...
I egree with David_Pardy: playing this game with cheats it just like ruin all the atmosphere.
If location is very difficult for you that means you haven't equiped yourself enough! Put on new exosceleton, take Thunder S14 in hands and look how the world smiles to you Twisted Evil
Oh! And one more thing! Don't forget that you can change parameters of all items in the gamedata.
I just can't understand why in multyplayer game Thunder S14 can be with optics and in single - can't, or why I can't run in exosceleton. After modifying few rows I have Thunder with optics and running exosceleton Twisted Evil

By the way, you can read my experience in the game without cheats Wink (my senond post)
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-69801.html
...that forced me to hide inside old bus, to check every second in PDA how much time left untill dawn and prey for...

P.S. Prepare yourself for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky.
Jeff_vella_leone
well all the cheat i want is to be able to carry more things because its difficult to store things and go bk for them because of the long distances
u dont even have a car or a quick travel like oblivion so its frustrating
once u drop something in a chest u probably wont ever come bk for it
Alie
So what's the problem? Smile Just change number of kilogramms your person can carry in the code and thats all! Without cheats and trainers.
Jeff_vella_leone
Alie wrote:
So what's the problem? Smile Just change number of kilogramms your person can carry in the code and thats all! Without cheats and trainers.

how and which file should i modify
need more details than that for sure
when i opened the file there is no inni there but much ddl files which makes it hard to find how withought a guide
Alie
First of alll you need STALKER_data_unpacker to unpack gamedata.db* files.
After unpacking you'll have folder gamedata with all config files. Open in notepad the file:
Code:
your_game/gamedata/config/creatures/actor.ltx

Find a row:
Code:
max_walk_weight            = 60

And change max weight parameter as you wish.
Your character still would be tired after carrying 50. kg. If you want - find in the same file row:
Code:
max_item_mass         = 50.0

And change this parameter to the max weight, after it character would be get tired.
Jeff_vella_leone
thanks a lot that was very helpfulll and detailed
i surly wasnt going to arrive on my own to that
thanks again
though now how to make it to apply it again i modified the file extracted and now what i just play the game
because when i tried playen the game it didnt work
Alie
After unpacking all the gamedata files into folder gamedata - delete original files. You don't need them now.
Then open file fsgame.ltx:
Code:
your_game/fsgame.ltx

Find the row:
Code:
$game_data$         = false|   true|   $fs_root$|      gamedata\

And change it to:
Code:
$game_data$         = true|   true|   $fs_root$|      gamedata\

After this change the engine will not search for the original gamedata.db* files, but check at first gamedata folder.

Thats all Twisted Evil
Jeff_vella_leone
Alie wrote:
After unpacking all the gamedata files into folder gamedata - delete original files. You don't need them now.
Then open file fsgame.ltx:
Code:
your_game/fsgame.ltx

Find the row:
Code:
$game_data$         = false|   true|   $fs_root$|      gamedata\

And change it to:
Code:
$game_data$         = true|   true|   $fs_root$|      gamedata\

After this change the engine will not search for the original gamedata.db* files, but check at first gamedata folder.

Thats all Twisted Evil

i did exactly the same but still it didnt work
iv made the gamedata files on the desctop outside the folder yet still it work normally showing as 50 max weight
Alie
Very, very strange... Confused Just a week ago I did exactly the same operation for my friend on just installed game. Everything worked fine: extra weight, optics add-on for Thunder rufle in single player...
Maybe you forgot to create folder named gamedata? All the gamedata files you must unpack theare... Be sure you unpacked all the files and then delete original ones.
Jeff_vella_leone
hey i did all that and put the old gamedata files in a folder on the desctop
yet when i play the game i still see a 50 kg max and he does get tired
what am i missing ?
traxion
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
hey i did all that and put the old gamedata files in a folder on the desctop
yet when i play the game i still see a 50 kg max and he does get tired
what am i missing ?

lol dont cheat

i played the game 100% out with no cheats

i just love the game, the sfeer, the music.. the big world ..lovly
Jeff_vella_leone
Alie wrote:
Very, very strange... Confused Just a week ago I did exactly the same operation for my friend on just installed game. Everything worked fine: extra weight, optics add-on for Thunder rufle in single player...
Maybe you forgot to create folder named gamedata? All the gamedata files you must unpack theare... Be sure you unpacked all the files and then delete original ones.

yea i did that
i realised it my self that one
yet it still shows the 50 instead of 200 the one i set
though after i overloaded it him he didnt get tired
so it worked
yet if i run he runs slowly and regenerates energy much slowly
how can i run and regenerate energy fast?
because with out the ability of running in the game it makes it quite hard to move

and thanks a lot alie for your help it worked and nice explanation too

and for traxion whats the point of playen the game the hard way
i mean a game is made to have fun playen it and im having no fun at all having to go bk to my store place every time i load up 20 kg of stuff its quite frustrating indeed and makes the game dumb
a real bad thing in stalker is the large distances u have to travel with no shortcuts at all, no fast travel, which makes it a little boring to travel all those distances on foot
an other bad factor in stalker is the weather its allways so dark and cloudy which makes it a little boring to play
dont know if you alie have played Boiling point
for me boiling point is 2 times better than stalker maybe not in graphics but in the weather and in everything its surly way much better.
check it out at http://www.atari.com/boilingpoint/
atari games are nearly allways good
bloodrider
The mutant that you could not kill, if it is what I think, run to him (if you are not fast enough, before it starts his "psychic" attacks, you may find it hard to reach it) and kill him, you have to kill him in close range Exclamation

PS: If you cheat, the game will suck! If it is to hard for you, start a new game and choose Easy Wink

PS2: Do not worry about carrying more than you can, you only need some bandages, medkits, anti-radiation, bullets (the right ones Rolling Eyes) and food. This game simulates the reality, so do not expect to carry six or more weapons... stick to two, it is enough Exclamation
Jeff_vella_leone
bloodrider wrote:
The mutant that you could not kill, if it is what I think, run to him (if you are not fast enough, before it starts his "psychic" attacks, you may find it hard to reach it) and kill him, you have to kill him in close range Exclamation

PS: If you cheat, the game will suck! If it is to hard for you, start a new game and choose Easy Wink

PS2: Do not worry about carrying more than you can, you only need some bandages, medkits, anti-radiation, bullets (the right ones Rolling Eyes) and food. This game simulates the reality, so do not expect to carry six or more weapons... stick to two, it is enough Exclamation

yes but sometimes u find things that you want to keep and end up overloaded
not only that sometimes the ppl you kill dont give you the bullets ur currently using so you have to add an other gun in ur inventry to have enough bullets for the fight
stalker is kinda boring cionsidering though iv just finished it and im very disapointed with the ending and how short the game was
i thought i wasnt even at half of it
and at the end not even a boss or anything
it has 7 different endings and none of those finishes well for the player your playen with.
i think who made the game story is a little narrow minded indeed
well thanks alie
manslayer111
My friend has it and he says it's awesome.

But no I don't know any cheats or anything.
spykE
It sucks, they should have better optimized the game. You need a real good computer and then it still looks like a three or four year old game, only when you put on the HDR (or bloom?) then it looks good but then you need a lot more performance.
Jeff_vella_leone
yea you need a good pc for it
i have a 3 ghz cpu 2.5 gb ram and a 7800 gs and still im very distisfied about how my pc handles this game
its slow to play it with good graphics, but i dont play a game if it doesnt have cool graphics
Alie
S.T.A.L.K.E.R is optimised more for old hardware. Actually with my Pentium 2.55Mhz and video card ATI Radeon 9800PRO I wasn't sure that this game would run on my pc at minimum graphics at least.
Game runs easy and comphortable on 1024x762 resolution with static lights, with all advansed graphic options on maximum besides AA (Anti Aliansing is OFF). Also every patch adding few FPS.

Comfortable game with high FPS on maximum graphics and full dynamic render depends more on a powerfull processor and good graphics memory then on new video card.

Quote:
You need a real good computer and then it still looks like a three or four year old game

Nah! Show me any three years old game that looks like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on full dynamic render.

Thanks to 3dnews.ru.

Quote:
iv just finished it and im very disapointed with the ending and how short the game was...
By the way, GSC promised to allow the game even after the ending in their new patch 1.100
Jeff_vella_leone
Alie wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R is optimised more for old hardware. Actually with my Pentium 2.55Mhz and video card ATI Radeon 9800PRO I wasn't sure that this game would run on my pc at minimum graphics at least.
Game runs easy and comphortable on 1024x762 resolution with static lights, with all advansed graphic options on maximum besides AA (Anti Aliansing is OFF). Also every patch adding few FPS.

Comfortable game with high FPS on maximum graphics and full dynamic render depends more on a powerfull processor and good graphics memory then on new video card.

Quote:
You need a real good computer and then it still looks like a three or four year old game

Nah! Show me any three years old game that looks like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on full dynamic render.

Thanks to 3dnews.ru.

Quote:
iv just finished it and im very disapointed with the ending and how short the game was...
By the way, GSC promised to allow the game even after the ending in their new patch 1.100

after watching carefully the pics you posted here i can see it clearly that ur graphic card doesnt have much of the effects stalker can offer the light and shodows on the players is much reduced stalker has much more effects then those pics

mine runs a little slow i think because of the cpu which is a 3 ghz but its on a 478 pin which reduces much performance when it needs to load much things all at one go
infact it slows down much when i increase the draw distance
Alie
Quote:
after watching carefully the pics you posted here i can see it clearly that ur graphic card doesnt have much of the effects stalker can offer the light and shodows on the players is much reduced stalker has much more effects then those pics

That is for sure. I just wanted to show the difference between two renders and treir abilities. My own video card can not produse even this dynamic picture. It can be used only in full static lightning render. Radeon 9800 PRO supports only 2.0 shaders.
The most important point of my previous message was:
1. If you want to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. you don't need to worry about your old hardware.
2. If you want to play large - upgrade your computer to recieve fantastic experience of the game!

By the way, full dynamic screenshot was made with video card GeForce 8800 GTS.
Jeff_vella_leone
ur right
i have even noticed now that the full dynamic lightning pic has less draw distance in the pic
my graphic card shows a nice quality pic like that but when it comes to move it starts to lag
espaciallywhen viewing in the distance
sooon im upgrading to a new entire pc because of an other game called crysis and il try stalker on it too
stalker should be pea nuts for my new pc with a quad core 3 ghs and a bfg 8800 gtx oc liquid cooled
Alie
Quote:
stalker should be pea nuts for my new pc with a quad core 3 ghs and a bfg 8800 gtx oc liquid cooled

With GeForce 8800 GTX/Ultra video card and CPU Intel QX 6850 3.0Ghz and 1333Mhz I think even Crysis would be pea nuts to your PC.
Actually I want to upgrade my old hardware also, but because of problems with size of the chipset x38/x48 have to wait untill winter season. Untill than I hope to see new ASUS R.O.G motherboard complicated with new chipset and two PCI 2.0 slots for graphics cards in crossfire.
Just in case, can yu tell me how much costs CPU Intel Core Quad Extreme 6850 3.0Ghz 1333Mhz (as I know this Kentsfield is the only one that works on 3.0Ghz) and which liquid cooler you want to buy?
Jeff_vella_leone
Alie wrote:
Quote:

With GeForce 8800 GTX/Ultra video card and CPU Intel QX 6850 3.0Ghz and 1333Mhz I think even Crysis would be pea nuts to your PC.
Actually I want to upgrade my old hardware also, but because of problems with size of the chipset x38/x48 have to wait untill winter season. Untill than I hope to see new ASUS R.O.G motherboard complicated with new chipset and two PCI 2.0 slots for graphics cards in crossfire.
Just in case, can yu tell me how much costs CPU Intel Core Quad Extreme 6850 3.0Ghz 1333Mhz (as I know this Kentsfield is the only one that works on 3.0Ghz) and which liquid cooler you want to buy?

allthoughwe are going kinda off topic im very interested in showing you what im going to buy mostly because i like to know more openions about it
more i know the better
and less possible to do mistakes
this is the pc im going to buy:
cpu: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/productinfo.asp?WebProductID=631690
mb: http://www.ultramalta.com/light2.jsp?id=443
its not in cross fire but with sli because the card im getting is invidea
cooler: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=619184 seems cool
HDR: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=346043 fast
Case: http://www.ultramalta.com/light2.jsp?id=427 looks very cool
psu: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=465740
Ram : http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=402849

well i didnt understand this part:
problems with size of the chipset x38/x48 have to wait untill winter season. Untill than I hope to see new ASUS R.O.G motherboard complicated with new chipset and two PCI 2.0 slots for graphics cards in crossfire.
what chipset problems?

ASUS R.O.G motherboard? whats this?
i think the mb im going to buy is good or not?
Alie
Quote:
problems with size of the chipset x38/x48... crossfire.
what chipset problems?

Every motherboard is complicated with northen and southen bridges. Thease are two chipsets that include logic and abilities of the motherboard (ports, type of DDR...). As I see you want to use SLI technology, so you need chipset made by nVidia (the only for now, that supports SLI). Actually northen bridge (chipset) of your motherboard is Nvidia NF680i SLI.

Crossfire technology is supported not only by ATI chipsets (like nVidia SLI), but also by intel ones.
I prefer more Crossfire technology then SLI (at least for now), so I'm seeking for good intel chipset that supports not only double and quad core CPU, but also two (at least) full speed PCI-E 2.0 slots for video cards. Your motherboard has three PCI-E slots: 2 x16 full speed and one more for x8, x4 or x1 speed.
Untill now (up to p35 version) intel chipsets support only 1 full speed PCI-E 2.0 slot, another one is PCI-E 1.0 type. Motherboards of the next generation of chipsets (x38 version) would have two PCI-E 2.0 full speed slots, DDR3 support up to 1600Mhz (or DDR2 support up to 1066Mhz) and all kinds of double and quad core CPU (includes next-gen CPU that would coming soon).
x48 series is next after next-gen x38 chipsets, that would be even more productive then the previous one.

Quote:

ASUS R.O.G. or Reign Of Games includes the most powerfull, productive motherboards with high overclocking potential for high-end class.
Jeff_vella_leone
Alie wrote:
Quote:
problems with size of the chipset x38/x48... crossfire.
what chipset problems?

Every motherboard is complicated with northen and southen bridges. Thease are two chipsets that include logic and abilities of the motherboard (ports, type of DDR...). As I see you want to use SLI technology, so you need chipset made by nVidia (the only for now, that supports SLI). Actually northen bridge (chipset) of your motherboard is Nvidia NF680i SLI.

Crossfire technology is supported not only by ATI chipsets (like nVidia SLI), but also by intel ones.
I prefer more Crossfire technology then SLI (at least for now), so I'm seeking for good intel chipset that supports not only double and quad core CPU, but also two (at least) full speed PCI-E 2.0 slots for video cards. Your motherboard has three PCI-E slots: 2 x16 full speed and one more for x8, x4 or x1 speed.
Untill now (up to p35 version) intel chipsets support only 1 full speed PCI-E 2.0 slot, another one is PCI-E 1.0 type. Motherboards of the next generation of chipsets (x38 version) would have two PCI-E 2.0 full speed slots, DDR3 support up to 1600Mhz (or DDR2 support up to 1066Mhz) and all kinds of double and quad core CPU (includes next-gen CPU that would coming soon).
x48 series is next after next-gen x38 chipsets, that would be even more productive then the previous one.

Quote:

ASUS R.O.G. or Reign Of Games includes the most powerfull, productive motherboards with high overclocking potential for high-end class.

thanls for the explanation Alie
it was something i didnt know about
here technology arives a bit later than in other places

about my mb
i changed my mind
i bought the p35
i asked around about the one i was buying and they told me that my mb aint much compatible with the quad core i was going to get
because the built up one and gave them much problems
whilst the p35 is much compatible with nearly everything and supports much better overclocking

i prefair nvidea mostly becaue ati are kinda beated really hard by invidia cards
the best ati card was no match for the 8800 ultra card at high resolutions (both standard cards not oc)
nvidia are the strongest for now thats yi prefair nvidia
Alie
Quote:
about my mb
i changed my mind
i bought the p35

As I see motherboard based on p35 chipset - really good motherboard for main stream. And what is the most important - not too expensive like x38. Also you don't need to waste your money on not less expensive for now DDR3.
But I don't understand one thing: you wanted to buy motherboard eith SLI technology support! And now you've taken intel chipset instead of nVidia...
Actually if you have high-end video card like GeForce 8800 Ultra, it would be enough to add physics card to your PC to run games on high GFX.

On the other hand I told you already all the advantages of motherboards based on x38 chipset:
2 PCI-E 2.0 x16, Crossfire, next generation CPU support.
By the way, the first intel motherboard, that will support SLI technology will be SkullTrail based on chipset Seaburg. Motherboard contains four slots for DDR2, FOUR PCI-E 2.0 slots for SLI and quad SLI and Penryn CPU support.

Quote:
i prefair nvidea mostly becaue ati are kinda beated really hard by invidia cards
the best ati card was no match for the 8800 ultra card at high resolutions (both standard cards not oc)

One-on-one GeForce card stronger then Radeon, but the last one gives you much better overclocking results.
In crossfire mode, with liquid cooler Radeon can show really high results. Much better then SLI. Sorry, I have no testing results with me to show you, but I'm sure you can find them in internet.
Jeff_vella_leone
Alie wrote:
Quote:
about my mb
i changed my mind
i bought the p35

As I see motherboard based on p35 chipset - really good motherboard for main stream. And what is the most important - not too expensive like x38. Also you don't need to waste your money on not less expensive for now DDR3.
But I don't understand one thing: you wanted to buy motherboard eith SLI technology support! And now you've taken intel chipset instead of nVidia...
Actually if you have high-end video card like GeForce 8800 Ultra, it would be enough to add physics card to your PC to run games on high GFX.

yea ddr3 for me are too expensive for now
well i chose the p35 mostly because the mb i was going to get would have had some problems with compatiblility with the qx6500 cpu because the shop i was going to buy the parts from allready tried a similar system with that mb and cpu and gave them lot of trouble mostly because the mb came before the quad core and allthough its quad core compatible it wasnt tested well with it.
an other good issue of the p35 is that it supports a lot of over clocking
and about the physics card
yes im not yet sure if im going to get a physics card or an other 8800 gtx oc wc but its very expensive though
any suggestion for a very good physics card?

Alie wrote:

On the other hand I told you already all the advantages of motherboards based on x38 chipset:
2 PCI-E 2.0 x16, Crossfire, next generation CPU support.
By the way, the first intel motherboard, that will support SLI technology will be SkullTrail based on chipset Seaburg. Motherboard contains four slots for DDR2, FOUR PCI-E 2.0 slots for SLI and quad SLI and Penryn CPU support.

quad sli is cool

Alie wrote:

Quote:

One-on-one GeForce card stronger then Radeon, but the last one gives you much better overclocking results.
In crossfire mode, with liquid cooler Radeon can show really high results. Much better then SLI. Sorry, I have no testing results with me to show you, but I'm sure you can find them in internet.

you are right about the overclocking results but i know the reason of that
its mostly because nvidia overclocked the 8800 gtx to make the 8800 ultra
so when overclocked further more the ultra really suks
and this is proved infact bfg managed to overclock the 8800 gtx much better than the 8800 ultra because of this reason
the test should have been done between an 8800 gtx and the best radeon that would show much better over clocking results
Alie
Quote:
yes im not yet sure if im going to get a physics card or an other 8800 gtx oc wc but its very expensive though

NVidia Ageya physX physics card is good as I know. It's also supported by most of the new games on DirectX 10 and an old one DirectX 9.
By the way, AMD is planning to start selling Radeon 2950 XT based on a new chipset R670. This means that an old Radeon 2900 would go to the main stream against GeForce 8800 GTS, and Radeon 2950 Pro/XT would competete with GeForce 8800 GTX.
Jeff_vella_leone
Alie wrote:
Quote:

NVidia Ageya physX physics card is good as I know. It's also supported by most of the new games on DirectX 10 and an old one DirectX 9.
By the way, AMD is planning to start selling Radeon 2950 XT based on a new chipset R670. This means that an old Radeon 2900 would go to the main stream against GeForce 8800 GTS, and Radeon 2950 Pro/XT would competete with GeForce 8800 GTX.

maybe it would competete with GeForce 8800 GTX but now witha GeForce 8800 GTX WaterCooled OverClocked
http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgr88768gtxocwce.aspx

Performance
GPU NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
Core Clock 650MHz (vs. 575MHz standard)
Shader Clock 1500MHz (vs. 1350MHz standard)
Fill Rate 41.6 billion/sec.
Stream Processors 128

Memory
Video Memory 768MB
Memory Type GDDR3
Memory Data Rate 2000MHz (vs. 1800MHz standard)
Memory Bandwidth 96GB/sec.

this is a super powerfull 8800 gtx not a normal one
i doubt very hard that ati can reach this levels with a 2950

what u think of this physX card?
http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgrphysx128p.aspx
Alie
Quote:
Quote:

Actually I was wrong... In the end I'm not sure if Radeon 2950 based on chipset R670 would be main stream or high end. If it would be main stream video card would competete with GeForce 8700 I think...
This new chipset R670 is just upgraded R600. The difference only in support of new technologies like DirectX 10.1 and other...
But on the other hand Radeon 2950 Pro Gladiator 825Mhz, 512mb DDR4 2,44 Ghz, Shader model 4.0, supports DirectX 10.1, UVD and Crossfire. Slot type PCI-E 2.0
Radeon 2950 XT must be much more powerfull, but I haven't seen it's characteristics and discription.
Quote:
GeForce 8800 GTX WaterCooled OverClocked

I'm sure that you can get the same result with standart GeForce 8800 GTX with Thermaltake water cooler. Wink
Jeff_vella_leone
Alie wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually I was wrong... In the end I'm not sure if Radeon 2950 based on chipset R670 would be main stream or high end. If it would be main stream video card would competete with GeForce 8700 I think...
This new chipset R670 is just upgraded R600. The difference only in support of new technologies like DirectX 10.1 and other...
But on the other hand Radeon 2950 Pro Gladiator 825Mhz, 512mb DDR4 2,44 Ghz, Shader model 4.0, supports DirectX 10.1, UVD and Crossfire. Slot type PCI-E 2.0

as far as i know its coming out late 2007 or even early 2008 so its not yet on the market now
Quote:
Radeon 2950 XT must be much more powerfull, but I haven't seen it's characteristics and discription.

i saw their results when they where tested on different games on a magazine and allthough on low resolution the cards seemed at equal level alllthough the gtx have a slight adv on some games the gtx completly outclassed all the ati on high resolutions, there is no doubt that the ati are beaten very hard this time considering that the gtx was released before the last ati card.
Quote:
GeForce 8800 GTX WaterCooled OverClocked

Quote:
I'm sure that you can get the same result with standart GeForce 8800 GTX with Thermaltake water cooler. Wink

well just for info overclocking the 8800 gtx ain't that simple for now only bfg manged to overclock it so well that its better that the 8800 ultra wc oc, xfx didnt mange to arrive that far allthough xfx are known for good overclocking
the ultra is an overclocked gtx by invidia and as you can see making it wc by anyone including bfg won't do that difference
bfg made a miracle with the 8800 gtx not only overclocked it better than invidia but also made it capable to be overclocked further.
currently there is no card that has better specs than the bfg 8800 gtx wc oc
Alie
Quote:
Quote:
as far as i know its coming out late 2007 or even early 2008 so its not yet on the market now

As I know, videocards on chipset R670 would be represented in november this year. In start of the next year ATI planning to represent R680 - videocards with douled chipset.

Quote:
well just for info overclocking the 8800 gtx ain't that simple for now only bfg manged to overclock it so well that its better that the 8800 ultra wc oc, xfx didnt mange to arrive that far allthough xfx are known for good overclocking...

Actually overclocking is the most critical point for me. There was no nVIDIA videocard untill now that had overclocking potential higher then Radeon cards in the same line.
No doubt untill now that 8x00 series of nVIDIA was better then Radeon 2x00.
But the last Radeon chipset R670 shows better results then G92. Also R680 is comming soon...
Flakky
You can go to gamecopyworld DOT com and find some trainers over there, I got a +12 (if I can remember) and I could remove the weight encumberance.

My computer sucks badly with my laptop video card but I can play STALKER on lowest quality on an average of 30 fps (with peaks to 45 and 15)
phyrexianhulk
how would this game perform on a amd x2 4200+ with two 7900gt in sli setup? are there any recent patches? i tried it once but was unable to play since it always hung in loading screen.
Alie
Quote:
how would this game perform on a amd x2 4200+ with two 7900gt in sli setup? are there any recent patches? i tried it once but was unable to play since it always hung in loading screen.

Must be alright I think. Not sure if this game has multi GPU support, but one 7900 GT videocard hangs dynamic light option. Even 7600 GT would be cufficient for middle GFX level with full dynamic light.
The last patch for the game is 1.0004. All of them contain good game optimisation for ol hardware and lower pressure on CPU.
Must have. Twisted Evil
How much virtual memory you have?