You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

zinedine zidane is coming to america!

what do u think about zinedine zidane playing in america?
I think it's ravings. Zinedine is too old to play anywhere in the world. And even if he could play right he would stay in Europe, because payments there and popularity of soccer are high.
And where did you got that information?
Arseniy wrote:
I think it's ravings. Zinedine is too old to play anywhere in the world. And even if he could play right he would stay in Europe, because payments there and popularity of soccer are high.
And where did you got that information?

Would be nice to see him in US though ahaha
That would be great for american soccer.
i wonder how a frenchy who is algerian would go in america, lol.
fbcompany wrote:
i wonder how a frenchy who is algerian would go in america, lol.

Probably not as well as Beckham has here (well at least in terms of money and popularity). I think Zidane is too old now for that and I've heard nothing else about him coming except for your claim here. I don't think hes coming to the United States.
For what? to be honor to play with David Beckham? He's not as handsome as David is, he's not going to play in Hollywood, so he's not going to play soccor in America.
It's utter rubbish. Zidane is retired first of all. Secondly, he would never go to USA.
I don't think he would ever come and play in America, but I would love to see it. I don't hold the headbutt against him, sometimes your emotions get the best of you, but he is getting old, so I know he isn't coming out of retirement to play in the US
ew, why would he come to the US?? after a great career in Europe, coming to the US would only degrade him as a player. Bad idea.
Rubbish.. I don't know who thought this up, but you should be ashamed of yourself! Evil or Very Mad
It is inpossible at all! zidane is not like Beckhame or crinsman! He has gotten nearly all of the Cups! European and The world, and so much money.

most important, he seem to tired in playing football any more.
Some information about him, from Wikipedia

Zinedine Zidane

Personal information
Full name Zinedine Yazid Zidane
Date of birth 23 June 1972 (1972-06-23) (age 35)
Place of birth Marseille, France
Height 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
Playing position Attacking midfielder
Youth clubs
US Saint-Henri
SO Septèmes-les-Vallons

Senior clubs1
Years Club App (Gls)*
2001-2006 AS Cannes
Girondins Bordeaux
Real Madrid 061 0(6)
135 (2Cool
151 (24)
155 (37)[1]
National team
1994-2006 France 108 (31)[2]
1 Senior club appearances and goals
counted for the domestic league only.
* Appearances (Goals)

Zinedine Yazid Zidane (IPA: [ˌzineˈdin jaziːd ziˈdan]; born 23 June 1972), popularly nicknamed Zizou, is a retired French football player of Algerian descent, famous for leading France to winning the 1998 World Cup. He was a midfielder who played for four European clubs, including Juventus FC and Real Madrid. As a member and later captain of French national team he participated in two World Cup finals - including winning the tournament in 1998 - and in three European Championships, winning that tournament in 2000.

Having gained fame in Europe as a playmaker for Juventus, Zidane attracted worldwide attention in the 1998 World Cup final with two goals headed in against Brazil which won his country its first FIFA World Cup. He also contributed to France's victory in Euro 2000, the two trophies never being won consecutively since West Germany's 1974 team. At the club level he went on to win domestic championships in Italy and Spain with Juventus and Real Madrid respectively. In the final of the 2001-02 UEFA Champions League he scored the winning goal for Real Madrid. At the 2006 FIFA World Cup, he was named "Most Outstanding Player" of the tournament, receiving the Golden Ball, captaining the French side that reached the final. However, Zidane's career ended in controversy when in his final match he was dismissed in extra-time of the 2006 World Cup Final for headbutting Italian defender Marco Materazzi.

Zidane was elected FIFA World Player of the Year a record-equalling three times (1998, 2000, 2003), finished in the top-three an additional three times (1997, 2002, 2006). He was also named European Footballer of the Year in 1998. The world-record fee of €66 million (US$87 million, £47 million) for his transfer to Real Madrid in 2001 is the highest ever paid. In 2004, he topped the UEFA Golden Jubilee Poll as the "Best European football player of the past 50 years", and was included in the FIFA 100, Pelé's list of the 125 greatest living footballers.

As originally announced on 25 April 2006,[3] Zidane retired from professional football after the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
Just to add; I do not think he will ever play in USA
Smile he goes to america as beckham after year
Maybe he can headbutt Beckham when he plays against him.
yeah it is the right time for zidane to gain some money... usa is the right place or khatar vs... not for football but $occer
I doubt there's any US soccer team that can pay the sort of money that Zidane, even at his age, would command.

The case of David Beckham is somehow different in the sense that he and his wife, Posh Spicy, see themselves as Hollywood material. Is is different with Zizou, although he does a fair amount of sponsorship income, he is not a figure that thrives in the spotlight.

In this DNA age professional players only move for money. The reason for choosing this or that team, 'retiring' in the Middle East or the US is, in most cases, solely based on financial grounds. For most players, the moment they stop playing, income also stops, so it's really a race against time.
I don't think he will, but if he keeps playing, I'm pretty sure he'll go to United States. Just like Pele, among others.
its a great news..
Hes not that old c'mon. Romario even played up to his early 40s. So why can't Zidane play in a slower league compared to Europe topflights at the age of 36 ???

Go Zidane !!!! Wink
No matter how old he is, the average Italian football players are 36, one yr older than him. But I don't think he will play in the US and even in Arabia. He already stated in an interview that is not going to be either Beckham or Gabriel Omar Batistuta.

He ceased playing, it's time for coaching...
where did you get that from italian players? doesn't really seem correct does it
Lol at the family guy clip of Zidane head butting that old lady lololol
I think he should be given place in International team. He still has the ability to play good. Unfortunatly the incidence of 2006 final has bade a bad impact on his life and career.