FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP script to create email addresses/ftp accounts/etc...

cr3ativ3
Hey, I am working on a control panel, which I can use to offer free hosting to my users (I am using a different host for this Razz) I searched the internet I even downloaded a few control panels but I am still a little bit confused as to how setup email addresses/ftp accounts from a php script like I can from direct admin here.

I know it is probably a bit different depending on the server, I have php, perl, mysql, shell, etc.. access on my hosting account so is it possible or is it only possible to do this from the Cpanel script my host has installed. If so would it then be possible to use a bot type script login to my Cpanel account and create email addresses and such.

Also if any one knows of any tutorials online for this feel free to redirect me.

Thanks!!

P.S. the account I have on my other payed for host is a shared acc.
kv
You need to use imap functions like "createmailbox" etc. check this url http://www.php.net/imap

I am not sure if you could use these on a shared account though.
cr3ativ3
Great! Thanks, I have used it before I only thought it was for checking email and deleting emails and such, like remote access to an account, I guess I was wrong. Well I'll look through it and see if I can get it to work.

In the meantime anyone know how I might be able to create an ftp account using php or how to create a MySQL database, not sure does phpmyadmin allow you to create databases?

Edit: Also any idea on how to use php to create sub domains?