FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

22" vs 24" LCD

Donutey
Opinions please, is it worth it to spring for a 24" widescreen LCd? Anyone had any good experiences with either sizes for monitors?

Right now I'm looking at Samsung's offerings, but I don't really like it that its essentially up to chance what panel you get (from Samsung or some other company) because the model numbers don't determine the panel.
Fake
Depending on how much money u wanna spend. I got myself 22

but if u want 24 inch one, may as well spend extra and get one with built in HDtv or something of that sort
psycosquirrel
The 22s and 24s are different panel types, hence the 24s being so much more. Don't bother with a 24, it's a waste of money. Go with a Samsung 226BW. It's the best you can get in a 22".
exhaust
Hmmm

22s have better matrix then 24s(TN = crapppp)!
PseudoKnight
TN isn't crap. It's better in certain areas while other methods are better in others.

I'd stick with a reasonably priced 22".
nilsmo
Wow... Nobody I knows has a need for such a huge display. I was wondering whether to go with 17'' or 19'' as they gave a superior resolution than 15''. I decided 19'' and it's really a big difference from a 17''. I'd compare the prices between 22'' and 24'' and more importantly if possible look at a real 22'' and 24'' monitor and see how it rests on your eyes and whether it will go with what you do.