FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Oil price!!!

hrtorrent
Oil price is too high this days? Do you think that people need another kind of propulsion for cars? Maybe hidrogen, elecrtic or solar engine?
Jack_Hammer
Quote:
Oil price is too high this days? Do you think that people need another kind of propulsion for cars? Maybe hidrogen, elecrtic or solar engine?

People have always need a econimaically friednly source of transport, the problem is people are too lazy to do anything for anyone else, averagly people standing more than 4ft away from a bin will just throw it away rather than puttin it in the bin.

Do you live in america?, I ask simply because amaerica is the worst polluter and that america refused to sign the E.U sanction to cut down emissions simply by saying we will plant a couple of forests and that will cover for it.

Oil prices should be higher the taxes should go to public transport and people should use other sources of energy.
hrtorrent
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Quote:

People have always need a econimaically friednly source of transport, the problem is people are too lazy to do anything for anyone else, averagly people standing more than 4ft away from a bin will just throw it away rather than puttin it in the bin.

Do you live in america?, I ask simply because amaerica is the worst polluter and that america refused to sign the E.U sanction to cut down emissions simply by saying we will plant a couple of forests and that will cover for it.

Oil prices should be higher the taxes should go to public transport and people should use other sources of energy.

No, I'm from Croatia (southeast Europe).
I think other sources of energy will be cheaper as people we use him lot.
For example, the main problem in cost of sollar cells and panels is that people not buy it enough. Lot's of buyers - cheaper product!
martichka
Hi,

the oil price is really too much and in canada. it's 1.14$ / L

!!! too much... and in the medias, it says that the ''baril'' price didn't up , but on the oil merchant, it does... very weird.
I'm now using my old 3 cilinder tercel and it eat the black gold for the same price like my new car (Honda)

So.... I really dont know what to do... and I dont have money to buy a new car with solar thing on it.... So... maybe ill take the bus or metro for now or use my old car Neutral

Ciao and good luck with ur cars lol Laughing !
Tommy.
SystemWisdom
This is an interesting topic!! I think we should start using those hybrid cars with fuel cells.. or even electric cars..

I live in Canada, and most of the gas stations have those big price signs, but only 3 slots for the prices, like:

99.9 [cents per litre]

Mainly because gas prices have never reached more than $1 a litre here in Canada, and if they do, they don't stay that high for long..

But now with the higher prices, all the Gas stations have been going crazy to buy the 4th digit on their price signs, so that they can raise prices to over a dollar a litre, like:

102.9 [cents per litre]

This is a bad indication that prices are only going to rise, not decline! Sad

Damn those OPEC people! Razz
Jack_Hammer
You can buy a Hydrogen powered car for 3,000,000 ($6,000,000)
if you have that much
Wink
nunosilva
my friends say that gas is a nice alternative to oil....
But I don't know how much safe is walking around with much gas in the trunk....
psycosquirrel
Shocked

Oooookay nuno....

I pay $2.55 a gallon for gas in the US. Luckily, I have a small car and rarely drive...
nunosilva
but as far as I know gas here is cheaper... or not... never checked the prices....
I don't know how much is a gallon but 1 liter of oil is almost 1.... 1 US dollar is less then 1... so maybe it is worth it... just doing math....
psycosquirrel
Shocked

cars run on gas, buddy...
nunosilva
I'm not talking of gas from gasoline... I'm referring to gas like the one you use to cook... if it is the same used on cars! lol
psycosquirrel
They are completely different. The gas in cars is usually an extemely complicated carbon chain, whereas stoves burn simple gases like propane or methane.

They are MUCH MUCH cheaper per gallon, because they are gases.
Jack_Hammer
Quote:
cars run on gas, buddy...

He was refering to actual Gas (Hydrogen etc.) to by which it's not a bootful of Gas it's a gas cylinder under the back seat near the engine, and he was not refering to Oil (GAS) - originating when cars used to run on actual gas till they supressed it into oil which made transport more efficiant rather then people drving round with massive gas tanks ontop of their cars.
Harrowed
Saw a post a few weeks ago about a Household heater.. run on water..

Splits the water into Hydrogen & Oxygen..
Burns the Hydrogen and then adds the Oxygen for colour..

Thought it was a good idea.. Just wondering how they got the cost of seperating the two from water.. (albeit there's lots more chemicals in everyday drinking water)
amusedtoe
I like the cooking oil diesel that Willie Nelson is traveling around promoting right now. Not only is it better for the planet and our wallets but it's the kind of thing that should end up benefitting the economy even more with the boost it will give to farmers.

We shouldn't be complaining over here in the States though. It's only three bucks a gallon. Over in Europe it's something equivelent to $6 or $7 a gallon. Filling up one of our larger cars costs over $150.
sibbahz
The fuel prices have soared again in the UK because of this its so annoying
waiteck
Once the fuel price increase, transport costs increases. Airport tax increases. Electricity bill also increases!.. Almost everything increases.. OMG.. Lol..
noliver
Well normally when the Oil Prices go up then the food prices go up as well ! But the strange thing is - when the oil prices drop again ( the price of a brent barrel of oil drops) then the food prices never go down. In fact they only go up - never in reverse !
kwilliams1231
its $3.09 in dallas right now
psycosquirrel
Oil is really high in the US because of the Louisiana/hurricane thing. People are price gouging and taking advantages of the media's exaggerations of how bad things are...
Pixel
here in Sweden the gasprices are almost 12skr (swedish kronor)....It's very much!! Sad
hrtorrent
In Croatia eurosuper 95 is almost 1.1 euro, in Bosnia is 0,82 euro.
Croatian goverment promiss last week that gas price would'nt cost more that 1 euro, but nothing happens, gas price rise and rise....
CrimsonStrange
One More Oil Boom

Arrow There are links to other very well-written articles on the above page, as well.
Misu
well, in Hungary we can 'enjoy' the highest price in this region (nearly 2 USD/litre) but if everything goes well the government will reduce the tax % in the price so maybe it will be cheaper

the problem is that the diesel oil is nearly the sam expensive as the petrol so there is no alternative for the petrol powered cars
matjash
Here in Slovenia the price raises every two week!!! Now it's 0.9 euro/l.

It's getting more and more expensive Sad
YellowDemon
the oil is starting to be very expensive. its the highest price that the oil managed to reach here in israel. but now the electric engine cars are starting to show up. in israel there are only cars like those of toyota and subaru. i hope these cars will replace the oil cars.
guitarstud101
I agree with psycosquirrel - the reason gas/oil prices are skyrocketing isn't because we've got a literal shortage of the stuff (if that were the case we'd be in HUGE trouble). Instead, it's just gotten difficult lately to manufacture and transport the stuff. Oil refineries and transportation companies didn't foresee the enormous amount of gasoline the world would be using in the future, so the production is behind. As soon as it catches up however, the prices SHOULD drop again, but who knows how long that will take... I think that the sharp incline in prices is a very good thing personally - it will convince many of us to find alternative fuel sources BEFORE we totally run out.
Guess who
I THINK IT IS RIDCULUS 3$ FOR REGULAR GAS THESE DAYS I REMEMBER THE DAYS WHEN GAS WAS 1$ TO COUPLE CENTS
boringest
it's even more expensive over here in london ~ US$6.95/gallon...lol!

has anyone heard of the peak oil theory?
budazz
thats why here in the philippines we have a transport strike no classes today Laughing
Daniel15
Quote:

well, in Hungary we can 'enjoy' the highest price in this region (nearly 2 USD/litre) but if everything goes well the government will reduce the tax % in the price so maybe it will be cheaper

That's really expensive... Here in Australia, the price is currently about AU$1.35 per litre, which is the highest it's ever been here.
karysky
Yeah the oil price is rising...

I understand why, but I think that it can't remain that way! Poor people will get poorer and rich people richer! That is horrible.

There are ways, though, to buy less oil...

Replace your fuel by used french fries oil! restaurants are glad to actually give their used oil without paying a penny for it!

I don't have all the details about how to install the oil tank on your car but is is explained on this site..

www.ecoquebec.org

Didn't have time to check it out though... and English people, this web page is in French...
tribe
After record high gas prices the last 2-3 weeks, oil prices are subseeding as expected with the sluggish Travel Months of September and October.

I work for a financial firm and we predict prices of 50 dollars a barrel will be back around Thanksgiving before a slight rise and then fall into Christmas.

So prices of around 3.00 a gal. now would be around 1.90 then..
Jamatu
In England the price for 1 Litre of petrol is around 1 that's around $1.83 USD. It's totally ridiculious. I can't remember correctly but I think it's 65% of that is tax. Next week a union (I forgot which) plans to protest against the oil prices which has already caused people to start panic buying petrol.
the666bbq
they vegetable oil seems a plausible reaction to the mineral oils for cars ... there are people already running 100% veggie on their modified engines, and there is a goal set by our governement to include some percentage of vegetable oils in normal gasoline...
sibbahz
The fuel cost (tax) in the Uk is so high, that and the massive teen insurance cost has put me off getting a car
Che
boringest wrote:
it's even more expensive over here in london ~ US$6.95/gallon...lol!

has anyone heard of the peak oil theory?

That is incredible! Anyone looking into hybrid vehicles... Rolling Eyes
tdebruyn
Oil price is much more than just one annoying thing in our day to day life. It is something that could cause the end of our advanced technological world.
I'm convinced that we should not expect to simply see our diesel cars being replaced with hydrogen or bio fuel powered cars, we will have to make huge concessions. Do people figure out the enormous quantity of energy that is stored in one litter of oil? What could replace this? For a few litters, you can find plenty of ideas (hydrogen produced from green electricity, bio fuel, ethanol, ...), but what about finding a replacement for the daily 28 million barrels the world wants?

Very interesting web site about this topic: www.thewatt.com

Tom