FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Japanese text shows as ?????

m-productions
ok, on all websites with japanese on it, it shows as ????

I go to VIEW>character encoding, then pick jap, but it still shows as ???? so whats wrong?
hack_man_
You will need a Japanese character set installed on your computer... It just adds new characters to your existing font files as symbols... I have loads installed, they came with my PC, not sure where the option is to install them on XP is though, I think it is in Regional Settings somewhere.

EDIT:
Yes, it is in Regional and Language Settings in the Control Panel, on the second tab. Check both of the check boxes to get the added character sets...
ExplicitRyan
Thanks, that post helped me too ive been trying to find a way to download the set of charecters.
m-productions
crap... my dad has the XP CD (which it says I need to place in to install) which means I wont be getting these for awhil...dangit!, anway thanks for the help.
m-productions
Sorry to double post, but I needed to bump this up as I have a new question
we cant seem to find our XP CD (as its probably stuffed in a box somewhere) does anyone know of another way to add these files... is there a link somewhere on MS site for this maybe?
Bones
Depending on how you got your copy of XP (retail or OEM), and as long as you still have your cd key, you might want to try to download an iso of the XP disk.

I'm not saying you should pirate a copy, but as Microsoft loves to tell you, you didn't purchase the disk, you purchased the licence to use said disk. So if you still have your product key, you would be legally entitled to download an iso image of the Windows XP disk as long as it is the same as the one for your pc (XP Home or Pro, and oem or retail)
m-productions
There are 2 problems with this
1) The product key is with the CD is it not? (I think its on the packege), however, unless it uses the windows validator (that MS makes you use every time you use their update serves)

2) I wouldnt know where to start looking for an ISO of the cd, or what to do with it... i try to stay away from most sites that have it in fear of viruses.