FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Site... (MAP)

TarsajumaClan
While its true I have a thread here already about this site, I feel that with all the changes its really not the same thing... [Everything has been 100% retooled and redesigned...] I would really like to get some feedback on our new site and if anyone has suggestions about how to get forums more active I would be much obliged.

www.myarcadeplanet.com

[If you wish please lock the old thread]
imagefree
very good update. I visited a lot of pages but found just 1 advertisement. (at the bottom of Forums). i once saw you complaning about a lesser CTR and lesser revenue, make your ad placement better.
m-productions

I must say, your site is probably one of the best ive seen here at frihost, it looks super professional, everything about it is just great, and it seems like its going to be a massive site, very very nice, and I LOVE the layout!!
TarsajumaClan
imagefree wrote:
very good update. I visited a lot of pages but found just 1 advertisement. (at the bottom of Forums). i once saw you complaning about a lesser CTR and lesser revenue, make your ad placement better.

We are happy with our ad placement at the moment... We post our adds within the articles using that chikita mini mall service... It has over preformed adsense by far...

At m, thanks man... We are now just trying to find the writers/staff to help the site go all out...
the6thfactor
Very nice layout, works beautifully. I'll def be revisiting your site
Arseniy
Wow... It's just great!
I have no need to visit it (I have no arcade consoles on my own) but I need to say that site is beautiful and informative.
Good job!
TarsajumaClan
let me know if you all think of something we can work on...
TarsajumaClan
We've had a lot of updates recently... Please take a look around...
zinitine
This is definitely one of the better designed sites on the web now days. It's really well layed out, it's easy to find stuff, and there seems to be a lot of content already. The only thing I will say is having a shoutbox where the newest is 2 days old isn't the best to advertise. That's the only thing I saw that I didn't like, and I'm sure that will change over time. Great site, even going to bookmark it!
m-productions
I can see what you mean about that.... Theres only so much you can say in a shoutbox when everything is said over at a forum. but I have to agree with you..... You should try to keep that shoutbox updated ^_~ ill see if I can help you out with that.
pashmina
wow, i just loved it. I must say you have really worked hard on this one. I am guessing its built on the custom cms as i have tried one of these scripts.
If i remember your previous site were built on joomla, am i right?? just confused.

anyway very well done and good job..
brianfast
TarsajumaClan wrote:
While its true I have a thread here already about this site, I feel that with all the changes its really not the same thing... [Everything has been 100% retooled and redesigned...] I would really like to get some feedback on our new site and if anyone has suggestions about how to get forums more active I would be much obliged.

Yes but not by you, this is just the default template for custom cms 4:

http://customcms.net/demo/gamingcms/

That said, it is a very nice layout Cool
m-productions
ahh learn before you speak, the site use to be very very different, he then changed it... thats what hes talking about -_-
TarsajumaClan
brianfast wrote:
TarsajumaClan wrote:

Where did I say I coded it? In fact lol I'm not our web guy... I manage the content... I think I've said that before... Design only counts for so much content keeps the traffic and that is our focus... If you have comments about how to make this better go ahead... but theres no point in popping a thread just to point out its a template... (specificly since I never said it wasn't)

Why do you think web design companies exhist? They design sites...
{name here}
TarsajumaClan wrote:
brianfast wrote:
TarsajumaClan wrote:
While it’s true I have a thread here already about this site, I feel that with all the changes it’s really not the same thing... [Everything has been 100% retooled and redesigned...] I would really like to get some feedback on our new site and if anyone has suggestions about how to get forums more active I would be much obliged.

Where did I say I coded it? In fact lol I'm not our web guy... I manage the content... I think I've said that before... Design only counts for so much content keeps the traffic and that is our focus... If you have comments about how to make this better go ahead... but theres no point in popping a thread just to point out its a template... (specificly since I never said it wasn't)

Why do you think web design companies exhist? They design sites...

I have have to wonder why there is no credit to the original author. Certainly there is no creativity in just using a template that's out there. Content wise it is okay. Quite good - active with members and a forum and all that stuff.

It vauguely reminds me of the SomethingAwful template....
m-productions
Im not sure on this one... but im guessing as they have BOUGHT the template (which they have said) thus.. there is no reason to give credit... as they are the owners...
{name here}
m-productions wrote:
Im not sure on this one... but im guessing as they have BOUGHT the template (which they have said) thus.. there is no reason to give credit... as they are the owners...

Yeah, say that to the RIAA. Razz
m-productions
huh... its the same as images.... once you buy them from the creator... you have all rights to the image.....
rayx
Very professional game site and reviews . . . I like the layout . . . Very Happy
germy7
Very cool layout! =D The look is very sleek.
regards
Your website is absolutly a professional one. The thing I love most is the colour. The dark, silvery color gives a "cool" feeling to me, and the icons are very defined too. The rich information in your website is definitly a surprise for me. I wonder how much time have you spent on developing your website, the promotion and the maintainence of your website. I appreciate your hard work!

Wink Keep it on! Regards
TarsajumaClan
regards wrote:
Your website is absolutly a professional one. The thing I love most is the colour. The dark, silvery color gives a "cool" feeling to me, and the icons are very defined too. The rich information in your website is definitly a surprise for me. I wonder how much time have you spent on developing your website, the promotion and the maintainence of your website. I appreciate your hard work!

Wink Keep it on! Regards

I wonder how much as well lol... I lost track a long time ago... thanks for the comments...
TarsajumaClan
A lot of new udates, please take a look!
TarsajumaClan
We've updated a lot this past week... please check us out...
MARCIV
Maybe it's not time for googleboot to go on your site Smile

Quote:
Couldn't connect to server.
TarsajumaClan
MARCIV wrote:
Maybe it's not time for googleboot to go on your site Smile

Quote:
Couldn't connect to server.

We were on digg.com and that killed our server lol... Somehow two of our articles apear to have made front page at the same time...
knatteante
I really like your design.

Keep it up Smile
TarsajumaClan
knatteante wrote:
I really like your design.

Keep it up Smile

Thanks, we will...
SamiTheBerber
You have nice looking site. Good subjects. The graphics are well made and neat. However the site coding isn't the best you can get. There are lots of coding errors. You don't have doctype and you have mixed xhtml and html. You have some "frontpage" coding, which is awful :/ You should write tags with small caps.
TarsajumaClan
Brand new site design, this one has a few problems, but we should have them worked out in the next day or so...
m-productions
I really love the new look... the only part about it I dont like is
1) the new banner.
the color in the background is very... I duno.. does not go good with the rest of the site.
2) How the news is set up
I guess its fine... but I just like the old way the news was shown more.
TarsajumaClan
m-productions wrote:
I really love the new look... the only part about it I dont like is
1) the new banner.
the color in the background is very... I duno.. does not go good with the rest of the site.
2) How the news is set up
I guess its fine... but I just like the old way the news was shown more.

The news set up has been like this the whole time... That was one thing that didn't change...
m-productions
huh... it did change... it use to be the main section down the midle, now its now, its divided up into 2 small boxes at the bottom.
TarsajumaClan
m-productions wrote:
huh... it did change... it use to be the main section down the midle, now its now, its divided up into 2 small boxes at the bottom.

Oh, that was changed a few months ago, to allow us to show more info...
Ghost Rider103
I like the new look.

You guys really should stop chaning so much, it gets kind of annoying. It also isn't very good when you keep chaning the dimension of the graphics on the maing page, now they are all pixelated.

I like this look though, try staying with one for a while though.
irishmark
great template customization!

I think there's nothing wrong in customizing templates -that's what they are for afterall. I know i dont have the skill to completely codd my own designs in css so editing a template works for me!
TarsajumaClan
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I like the new look.

You guys really should stop chaning so much, it gets kind of annoying. It also isn't very good when you keep chaning the dimension of the graphics on the maing page, now they are all pixelated.

I like this look though, try staying with one for a while though.

The past ones were not very good imo... so if we have the option to improve it makes sense to do it. Why would we stay stagnate... thats retarted... if you can improve you do it... what good is a site if it doesn't keep working to improve...