FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Feed Back Form

Possum
Hi

I can make a Form in php that will email me. How can I make a Form where the user input will be added to the same page that the input fields were..

Is there a special name for this type of Form

Cheers Possum..
sonam
Can you explain little bit more what do you exactly want? I thing, the sessions is the best way if you have separate mail.php e.g. <form action="mail.php"> ... </form> . Did you like to print something like: "Thanks Submited Name for your mail. We will contact you ASAP on Submited Mail..." or you want insert submited data back in form?

Sonam
rohan2kool
First of all, you don't make forms in php, you make forms in html. I am saying this not out of ignorance that u meant the same thing but since u asked the question 'Is there a special name for this form', from which I infer that you are using some framework or php library which uses that terminology. I hate the way abstraction has caused the destruction of concepts.

Here's what you basically need to do. Take the data through the form, save it in a database and in the page you want the comments to be shown, just fetch the data from the database and display it there.

Refer:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/bdaqv
sonam
Quote:
Here's what you basically need to do. Take the data through the form, save it in a database and in the page you want the comments to be shown, just fetch the data from the database and display it there.

Hmm, this is right way if he/she need to store mail datas. Otherwise this is wasting of space and time.

Sonam
rohan2kool
sonam wrote:
Quote:

Hmm, this is right way if he/she need to store mail datas. Otherwise this is wasting of space and time.

Sonam

not exactly i'm down by 61.. and i seriously need some points Razz
Possum
Hi

Yes: I am trying to get feed back into the page in a similar way to a guest book..

Example here....

http://udopage.com/udopage_73.php

Your post are very helpful..

Cheers Possum..
sonam
If you need feed back form with displayed comments then you must use some type of data base like rohan2kool sugest it.

Sonam