FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Road to Guantanimo

tijn01
Hi!
Last night we watched The Road to Guantanamo... Has anyone seen this doco/movie?
I think it is fabulous! It is really well made, a great combination of documentary and movie. And most of all it is about something we should all be aware of...
These three guys were held by the Americans for over a year for going to Afghanistan to 'help' the people... They weren't terrorists, they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
At a time when the British, American and Australian government continue to take away the rights of suspected 'terrorists' I think we should all be protesting and if you watch this movie you will agree. I am not saying that there are no terrorists, I am simply saying that even suspected terrorists have rights as human beings.
No one should be treated the way the Americans have treated some suspects... Including David Hicks: an Australian who was kept without a trial for five years in Guantanamo Bay. Even if we was innocent he would have pleaded guilty just to get home and away from his torturers...