FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpBB

anime
Hello guys i created this theard cause of huge ppl who agree on this and the huge ppl who refuses

To install phpbb Fully Moded or got Moded installled i wanna ask what is the different btw . phpbb and phpbb F M the different as i see is this one clean and other got mods Once i got this Replay from user Here

Quote:
I'll refuse to install phpBBFM.

As with his reason, anyone who does it for you either is desperate for FRIH$ or he doesn't respect the authors.

Don't use it.
and 3 days ago after i asked a guy if he install it i saw an edit
Quote:
i dont install phpbbfm
is it it got problem sum kind so i wanna know Rolling Eyes

and lemme give you sum other op.
Quote:
PHPBBFM -- More N00B than me...

Quote:
I will install phpbb and every mod you can think of not to expensive,****can two, but probably most people who know how to will refuse to install phpbbfm. They use the mods they have installed without permission.

(****) player name removed

Quote:
They don't ask mod authors for permission to use their mods, and mod authors have asked them to remove it, but phpbb is yet to mod the licensing... So mod makers hate it, but the people who own phpbb don't care about it because it follows all of the rules under the license.

And if phpbb Free so its Mods that mean authors will make the Mods For Free... isnt it !!! hmm

iam so confused
Dougie1
I think it is basically the same as installing phpBB. Why don't you try it yourself it is good practise. There is a tutorial in these forums somewhere. Search for it and try yourself. Or go here and read the installation part.
anime
i know but iam asking why this huge refuse of Fully Moded ??
mathiaus
It's not hard to search. phpbbfm has many problems ranging from them using other peoples code and not keeping their copyright displayed, adding their own copyright, ignoring requests of the mod authors, being rude, editing code, adding conflicting mods etc.

Just use phpbb and install the mods yourself. It's not hard, just time consuming.
anime
its still free script Idea
mathiaus
No one is disputing that fact so I don't know why you have brought it up.
anime
just wondering Confused
Josso
I don't like things like that purely because more features = more vulnerabilities.

And as for installing phpBB for good practice. That's always a great idea, my best advise for uploading is compressing all of the forum files to a zip and then extracting on the server, then it's not so easy for things to go wrong during the FTP process. If you are uploading lots of files via FTP things can go "missing" (in my experience) and you can loose a few bytes here and there or even an odd files - my current database has been patched up and fixed more times than I can remember purely because a file or two were missing when phpBB was installed.