FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 2 down

Vanilla
It seems that server 2 is down, which really surprised me because I really never had any serious problem with Frihost. Do you know what is happening?
m-productions
The server goes down like this at least once every 2 weeks it seems.

Its no big problem, they will soon reset the server and we will be on our way. Just a simple error, or a noob messing around with cron jobs, ...ect. Itll be working soon.
deathseaker
I hope soo lol been waiting for a bit Razz (I don't got a lot of patience lol)
Vanilla
m-productions wrote:

Its no big problem, they will soon reset the server and we will be on our way. Just a simple error, or a noob messing around with cron jobs, ...ect. Itll be working soon.

Thanks, m-productions! I'm kinda worried cause I didn't make a backup of my site. So, if somenthing happens with the server...
wxzt
I hope it can reset as soon as possible..
My friends told me the news today.
I'm worried about it for a long time..
m-productions
Vanilla wrote:
m-productions wrote:

Thanks, m-productions! I'm kinda worried cause I didn't make a backup of my site. So, if somenthing happens with the server...

nah youll be fine. Nothings gana happen to your files ^_~, just apache needs to be reset is all. Usally because of someone abusing their webhosting. Like i said, this happens every now and then, and a topic like this is always made, and tons of people come saying "I hope my files wont be lost" lol, but its all good.
Star Wars Fanatic
Actually, I've been finding it happens at least once a day, usually more...

You can use this address to see if it's down:
http://frihost-server-status.us.to/

Although, right now it says it's up, but it isn't, in fact, the FTP isn't even working, which is kind of pissing me off, it hasn't been working for the past 4 or 5 hours...
m-productions
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:
Actually, I've been finding it happens at least once a day, usually more...

You can use this address to see if it's down:
http://frihost-server-status.us.to/

Although, right now it says it's up, but it isn't, in fact, the FTP isn't even working, which is kind of pissing me off, it hasn't been working for the past 4 or 5 hours...

this dosnt happen every day.

Are you talking about the normal hourly Apache restart? that happens once every hour for one minute, there is a sticky about it, but it never goes down like this every day.

Like i said.. I bet you its some noob, isnt it always?
Star Wars Fanatic
m-productions wrote:
this doesn't happen every day.

Are you talking about the normal hourly Apache restart? that happens once every hour for one minute, there is a sticky about it, but it never goes down like this every day.

Like i said.. I bet you its some noob, isn't it always?

Oh, I didn't know about the hourly reset, that must be it then Razz

I did read that topic once upon a time, but I must have thought they fixed the problem.

And yea, it's probably some noob who thinks it's fun to waste our time... Though I've never had it so that it's down this long... Oh well, I hope it's back up by tomorrow, sorry for bumping this topic, and thanks for telling me about that hourly Apache reset, m-productions.
tempdbs
m-productions wrote:

Web hosters on server 2 are suffering this...
This is the second time from last month onwards....
What happened to Server 2 of Frihost.....!

Its totally down from morning......... Has anyone reported this to bondings or not.... Please let me know...

EDIT - Now-a-days its very slow also... Hope more number of hostings are provided on Frihost server 2 than server 1..
Mannix
Hey, free hosting. ...Glad to have it, not complaining.
m-productions
Umm the last time this happend, it WAS indeed some noob who was learning cron jobs (and didnt even know he did anything wrong) You can still find his topic somewhere, he had a few. He had no idea it was even his falt. Ohwell, its no big deal...

Lol, there should be a script, when the server is down for more than 30 mins, it bumps this thread up so a new "sever 2 is down" thread isnt made every month xD
Vanilla
I only made this topic because this doesn't happen very often. Last time server was down for such a long time was last year. Usually I just reload the page and everything is back to normal.

Yeah, I know it is down because I confirm it by looking to an admin signature.

(sorry about my poor english, I'm a little rusty)
tempdbs
Vanilla wrote:
I only made this topic because this doesn't happen very often. Last time server was down for such a long time was last year. Usually I just reload the page and everything is back to normal.

Yeah, I know it is down because I confirm it by looking to an admin signature.

(sorry about my poor english, I'm a little rusty)

Then What abt this topic which has been closed by "tidruG" on "Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:03 pm" ??????
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-75067.html&highlight=

It (server 2) frequently goes down as and when load increases on server 2...
Arnie
Well, usually only HTTP doesn't work. That's when Apache is down. But now it seems the entire server hangs. The status GIF says only HTTP is down, but I can't connect to FTP or mail.
secondeye
Hey y the server is down??? my site is not Opening? why this happen, My traffic rate is decreasing Crying or Very sad

Help Help Please Do something fast
Vanilla
tempdbs wrote:

Then What abt this topic which has been closed by "tidruG" on "Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:03 pm" ??????
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-75067.html&highlight=

It (server 2) frequently goes down as and when load increases on server 2...

I host two weblogs, my portfolio and a site on my account so I check all of them at least twice a day. As I said, I never had any serious problem with Frihost. I love this server. Very Happy The "down server thing" is new to me (I think I'm the only one...). Last time was on October 2006, due to some abuse issue. To me, that's the second time server is down.
nhuabo
Server 2 is usually down,but every time it is short.
This time is the longest I ever see.
What happened to server 2,are you updating the servers with new machine?
I hope so,that will no down time.
rshanthakumar
Nothing works! Not even the mails. This is causing lots of problem. I am not sure whether the mails are being received or not.

When do you think the server will be up and running?
ChrisCh
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:
If it were only the hourly reset, FTP, email and DirectAdmin would be unaffected - so it's most likely that the whole server has crashed or has been switched off.
secondeye
Oh frihost Team Please do fast, We All love frihost, please please restore the server, my traffic in decreasing Crying or Very sad
tempdbs
I put a reuest to Bondings (Admin - Frihost.com) to do the needful....

See what happens.... next ...!
ChrisCh
Thanks tempdbs, but remember that we can't see messages that are in youroutbox - that's why they're called private messages :p lol

... so you might want to remove that link Smile
Bru, stuffce
Like Mannix said "Free hosting.. glad to have it." Thanks guys.

Still, it would be nice to have email back up and running. I use this email as a default when I am on the road, so I have no other means of communication while it's mort.
m-productions
ChrisCh wrote:
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:
If it were only the hourly reset, FTP, email and DirectAdmin would be unaffected - so it's most likely that the whole server has crashed or has been switched off.

hes not talking it for this time, read all of his posts. We were talking about what happens the rest of the time ^_~
Arnie
rshanthakumar wrote:
Nothing works! Not even the mails. This is causing lots of problem. I am not sure whether the mails are being received or not.
I sent a test-mail to myself from another account. Didn't bounce yet, but I can't check if it's in either. Hopefully it's waiting somewhere.
tempdbs
Quote:

and in them
cPanel, cPanel secure and Web-mail are in N/A status....

Source - http://frihost-server-status.us.to/

Can anybody tell me what it means.... and whats going on upto now....????
James007
It is a little irritating, but I don't think you have reason to complain (yet Very Happy). I don't think it is down, it is just hyperventilating, poor server...

I'll use my magic. :D

edit: Direct Admin is working again.
tempdbs
James007 wrote:
It is a little irritating, but I don't think you have reason to complain (yet Very Happy). I don't think it is down, it is just hyperventilating, poor server...

James.... We are all also hectic and exhausted by seeing the status of this server from morning...

Hope all the frihosters are placed on server 2 only which always fluctuates and see server 1, No hang ups upto now....

Is this irritating mean... Just forgive.......
James007
Actually that isn't correct as server 1 had some troubles yesterday, and the day before... but we were just very quick in resolving it (as Bondings was online).

Direct Admin and FTP are working again on server 2 btw. (Yes, I know I'm good...)
tempdbs
Now its working fine....

Thanks one and all who helped in getting back soon... especially for Bondings - giving nice response
James007
I don't think Bondings has seen this thread yet. And no, you can't access any site yet. I do think it will be solved pretty soon now.
tempdbs
James007 wrote:
I don't think Bondings has seen this thread yet. And no, you can't access any site yet. I do think it will be solved pretty soon now.

James,

I can able to access my web blog which is hosted on frihost....
Hope its better you to check once - and then Anounce...!

for your ref - my blog is www.sanghala.com
James007
Okay, I see. Very Happy

It works! It works! It works! (Now I can create accounts again! I'm happy.)
tempdbs
Yep... Special Thanks for the Frihost network & maintanance team
Bru, stuffce
Yaaaay! I am back up. I just received an email and my website is up.

Many thanks to the nameless geeks beavering away to resolve technical issues.
Arnie
My test mail, sent during downtime, has arrived.
Bondings
My apologies about the downtime. Some account(s) seem to be executing heavy scripts, causing the server to get a high load or even to crash/become unresponsive. I'll try to locate them and fix the issue.
secondeye
Am still facing This problem Crying or Very sad
Bondings
secondeye wrote:
Am still facing This problem Crying or Very sad

Your website seems to be online for me.
James007
Go to:
Close your browser(s).
START >> EXECUTE...
Type CMD and press enter.
Type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. (there is a space between ipconfig and /flushdns)
Type exit and press enter.
Re-open your browser.

Did that work?
Arnie
He means Start - Run Wink "Execute" is a translation from the Dutch equivalent...
James007
That is right. I'm sorry but I do not use an English Windows version. I meant "run". But who would ever have thought those people would call it "run" in stead of "execute"? [ Copyright: Bondings ]
woodenbrick
It seems to be down again for me?
Tried the dns flush thingy and didn't work.
illegalhost
Hi, is server 2 still down but http://frihost-server-status.us.to/ shows that it IS running??

i tried to upload from FTP but cannot connect?? help??
Bondings
illegalhost wrote:
Hi, is server 2 still down but http://frihost-server-status.us.to/ shows that it IS running??

I restarted the ftp server. Please try again. Very Happy
tempdbs
Bondings wrote:
illegalhost wrote:

I restarted the ftp server. Please try again. Very Happy

Bondings,

Sometimes the web-blogs which are hosted on frihost will be accessed hardly..
Getting bored and exhausted in that time...

Please do the needful...

From myside its totally perfect... Its from frihost side itself....
why6487
This is what I saw: cihan was running cron jobs causing HTTPD to go down.
Bondings
why6487 wrote:
This is what I saw: cihan was running cron jobs causing HTTPD to go down.

That was only part of the problem.

As the issue is fixed now, I'm -closing- this topic.