FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Has google updated the page ranks ??

refinedruffian
When is the last that google updated the page ranks ???
LukeakaDanish
They are updated every time the google bot crawls past your site or notices a link to your site on another page. (presumably)
Ratman2050
LukeakaDanish wrote:
They are updated every time the google bot crawls past your site or notices a link to your site on another page. (presumably)

Actually that is when a spider crawls your site to get indexed.

The pagerank update happens every quarter (4 months) in a 12 month year, the expected one is to be the 1st week of august or last week of July but none yet?
TarsajumaClan
Ratman2050 wrote:
LukeakaDanish wrote:

Actually that is when a spider crawls your site to get indexed.

The pagerank update happens every quarter (4 months) in a 12 month year, the expected one is to be the 1st week of august or last week of July but none yet?

Oh, very cool... I'm hoping we [Myarcadeplanet.com] move above a four... Can anyone explain this whole thing a bit better to me... What exactly detirmines it... and what does the page rank itself do?
LukeakaDanish
TarsajumaClan wrote:
Can anyone explain this whole thing a bit better to me... What exactly detirmines it... and what does the page rank itself do?

Well...I recommend the wikipedia article on the subject

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_page_rank

Basically, what it does is move you higher up in google search results, and you get it by making people link to you and writing loads of content for the search engine to read.
refinedruffian
Any one here whose PR got updated?????
nappa
I think google update the PR very often. I've got PR3 then 2 after a few weeks.
tempdbs
I think no updations upto now - when they'll be actually doing - I mean the frequency of times in a year.

Let me know................ Wink
georgekalathil
refinedruffian wrote:
Any one here whose PR got updated?????
no. I havent got my page rank updated.......
burqe
Hello

I have been trying to improve my websites search engine rank for quite some time. Google offers to add a url that may be crawled via,

http://www.google.com/addurl

However, frihost account holders don't need to do this as frihost servers have good acceptance by search engines (81%) and they detect new sites within seven to ten days (as per my experiance). You can confirm wheater your website is indexed or not via google webmaster tools.

In these tools, there is no information what is the page rank of the site. So this is the question that I need answer to. However, you can do various useful things with it. Google does not follow the server specification for search bots frequency but has its own algo to decide how quick a website should be crawled again. Mine was last crawled in 2nd August.

One more thing, good search results come up with domains likw (my-ste.com). Subdomains like my-site.frih.net will be ranked but lower and there will be many factors you wont have control over.

Most of above is based on my experiance and study and must not be taken as technically sound.

Regards
Haris
dude_xyx
Last Google Toolbar update had supposed to be started end of July but still have haven't seen any changes in page rank of my sites. Only bank links had updated.
nappa
In fact if google provide any annoucement about every update will be cool, so we don't have to guess.
Does google do the announcement everytime they update the PR? Anyone?