FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Great! Bandwidth all used up

LostOverThere
Well, this is very strange. I've been looking through records and almost every month I've used about 4gb of Bandwidth. Suddenly 2 days ago, I got an email saying I used 80% of it. Then today, its all gone. Now at first (this was 2 days ago) I thought someone had posted my site on their site and we were getting more traffic. Well, no more visits, a few more downloads. But nothing to extreme.

Am I being hacked? What's the chance of that? Also, how can I check where all my bandwidth has gone.

Cheers,
-LostOverThere
MYP415
its not necessarily that you have been hacked, I actually doubt that. It could be that someone hotlinked to a picture, video, or download and if there page was popular then all of your bandwidth may have been used because of that. There are a lot of explanations
LostOverThere
Yeah, I don't think I've been "hacked" as such, yet, I've got a download counter on my site and there hasn't been many more downloads.
Arnie
I think there are logs you can check.
gerpg
If you have an open stream on your site and someone has left the stream open the bandwidth may have been used up this way.

if someone has hotlinked a image or page on your website.

if someone has autorefreshed on a page on your website.

if someone has used a php include(YOU URL); or equivalent 1000's of times then let the page load it could have been used this way.

there are 100's of way it could have happened the best thing to do is check your usage logs and find out wat page/file is being downloaded most.

Louis.
LostOverThere
Ok, thanks guys. I guess I'll do that on Wednesday. Smile