FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

curves?

dz9c
im kinda dumb i have no brother or sister. im an only child so its hrd to learn this stuff. what does it mean when a girl has curves?? i jus totally made myself look like an idiot in front of someone else cuz i thought it was a girls boobs
eznet
Shocked Well then.... poor guy... I think that it was likely your lack of confidence that 'made you look like an idiot' (as you so put it - i personally think it shows ignorance and not being an idiot (ignorant means you don't know (which isn't necessarily bad), idiot means you are cognitively deficient (which is bad))) rather than your 'boob' assumption - you are pretty much right....

Anyone, correct me if I am wrong, but I think that generally speaking 'curves' references the general female form (content warning - google link)which encompasses breast, waist, butt and hips (as well as thighs (in some cases Twisted Evil )

As the great Sir Mix A Lot put it - "36-24-36 - only if she's 5'3"
Blaster
according to urban dictionary you are correct http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=curves

However i think it is more of what eznet said. The girls figure pretty much.
xkobram
Dunno if it is same like in Czech. But in Czech it means the shape of body. Nice curves = nice body, but not allways curves = body. Curves are bit like 'appearance.'
raine dragon
Curves implies a small waist, round hips, and round bust. like a coke bottle figure. it generally refers to a girl who has a silhouette which curves in and out. The opposite would be a girl who has small hips and breasts and appears more stick-like or androgynous.
mathiaus
-moved-
AlmightySenator
That's pretty funny. I gotta think that "curves" is one of those words that can have several different meanings. I've never really thought of that too deeply.
molif
still not too late to learn about a women's curves..
eznet
molif wrote:
still not too late to learn about a women's curves..

G.D. right... whether you be 16 or 60, it is never too late to learn about a woman's curves - I learn as much as and often as I am allowed Wink
supjapscrapper
eznet wrote:
Shocked Well then.... poor guy... I think that it was likely your lack of confidence that 'made you look like an idiot' (as you so put it - i personally think it shows ignorance and not being an idiot (ignorant means you don't know (which isn't necessarily bad), idiot means you are cognitively deficient (which is bad))) rather than your 'boob' assumption - you are pretty much right....

Anyone, correct me if I am wrong, but I think that generally speaking 'curves' references the general female form (content warning - google link)which encompasses breast, waist, butt and hips (as well as thighs (in some cases Twisted Evil )

As the great Sir Mix A Lot put it - "36-24-36 - only if she's 5'3"

you put it pretty much right, although generally speaking it concerns the whole body of a woman, some people or cultures according a lot of importance to facial curves (whic is not very accurate since they change with age and alimentation) or even to feet curves (you surely met amazing babes that have awfully ugly feet beeehhh Very Happy). I'll speak for me. curves automatically refers to hips, ass and legs for me, so pretty much only the bottom half of the boody of a girl, it has surely a lot to do with the fact that I come from an oriental culture. Breasts are not so important, but that's just a theory.

By the way, if people think you are dumb or idiot because you dunno something yet, that means they are dumb, maybe intolerant and even maybe not enough sel-confident, so they try to make others look idiot as a way of saying: look I'm not like him Very Happy
brilliantbeauty
As a girl, its our polite way of saying boobs, waist, hips. That classic hourglass shape that we use jackets, tailored pants, and belts to achieve. Some people/ races are genetically blessed with them, and how much guys want of them is a generally personal preference.

Heh. Sir Mix a Lot. Famous words. Razz
tidruG
brilliantbeauty has more or less hit it on the head.

The stereotypical image of a "hot" girl/woman is one who has an "hourglass figure" - this implies a well-endowed bosom (that's a better way of saying good-sized boobs), a small waist and then nice, round hips (to some/most men, hips is more or less the butt) again.
The phrase 36-24-36 refers to the vital statistics of a "perfect" female figure.
The first 36 implies 36 inches when you measure a woman's chest (as tailors do) by putting the measuring tape all the way around.
The 24 implies a 24-inch waist.
And the last 36 implies a 36-inch hip.
Of course, people have their own preferences, and many people 36-24-36 isn't perfect :P

Anyway, back on topic. When one talks of a girl's curves, they generally do so in an appreciative manner. In this case, curves can refer to any part of a woman's body:
1. boobs
2. hip/butt
3. waist
4. legs

As most men are mostly obsessed with the first 2 items in that list, you would be safe to assume that one of those is probably what curves refers to in a conversation. Razz
ftv_flung
Oh I love curves. Curves are sexy and always great on a woman.

"Curves/curvy-ness" is generally the female figure in all its glory. Hooray for curves!
frozenhead
Lol. That's really nice admitting your innocence. Poor thing dude. Well, as what other posted already, just read on them.

I would suggest you might need to go out for sometime. Hang out in clubs or bars to socialize and meet "worthy" friends.

Good Luck. Wink
GSIS
@ dz9c:

You've got some field research to do.

Enjoy. Wink
eznet
brilliantbeauty wrote:
Heh. Sir Mix a Lot. Famous words. Razz

Ahh yea, you know it...

"Some brothers wanna play that hard role,and tell you that the butt ain't gold. So they toss it and leave it, and I pull up quick to retrieve it" - Sir-Mix-A-Lot
TrueFact
in general... it means the whole figure of a females body when you look at it from the side or the front
at least that's what does it means in the Middle east
supjapscrapper
TrueFact wrote:
in general... it means the whole figure of a females body when you look at it from the side or the front
at least that's what does it means in the Middle east

exact morph0ological definition, short and precise, and I confirm, in the middle east, we looove curves!
wise
Curves??? Well, it is the forms of a girl. Not only the breasts. It is her body taken as a whole.
eznet
wise wrote:
Curves??? Well, it is the forms of a girl. Not only the breasts. It is her body taken as a whole.

Definitely. It is the "all encompassing" for description of the female form. Not any one specific attribute, but the whole shebang. Smile
Ucbet
The best curves gotta be one that is shaped like a guitar Razz
Srs2388
measurements 36/25/34
NICE Very Happy
lol