FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Using 'ln'

squeetox
Hi,
I need to use 'ln' to create a symbolic but the server (2) won't allow it through FTP.
What could I do?
Thanks
coreymanshack
squeetox wrote:
Hi,
I need to use 'ln' to create a symbolic but the server (2) won't allow it through FTP.
What could I do?
Thanks

What is "in"? I've never heard of that, and I've heard of alot of things. Do you mean you want to create a symbol? Like a graphic symbol? O, and usually you don't have to specify server, most of the time we can tell what server you are on by just looking at you Very Happy, /me looks at 89% of frihost and says ahhh...."Server (2) users "!
swizzy
i've never heard of creating symbolic links thru FTP (sorry!!!)... and i'm not very sure you can create it in DA as well...
mOrpheuS
coreymanshack wrote:
squeetox wrote:
Hi,
What could I do?
Thanks

What is "in"? I've never heard of that, and I've heard of alot of things. Do you mean you want to create a symbol? Like a graphic symbol? O, and usually you don't have to specify server, most of the time we can tell what server you are on by just looking at you Very Happy, /me looks at 89% of frihost and says ahhh...."Server (2) users "!

"ln" is the *nix command for creating symbolic links to files.
And that should normally be possible only through shell, not ftp.

I'm curious as to which script requires having to do that to install it.
Is there no workaround listed at their site ?
An very large number of hosts don't provide shell access for security reasons, so this cannot be an isolated case with this script.
GSIS
That's 'ELL - EN' not 'EYE - EN' Wink

For the curious (as it's unlikely to be possible through anything but a shell command/script):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ln_(Unix)
coreymanshack
mOrpheuS wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
squeetox wrote:
Hi,
What could I do?
Thanks

"ln" is the *nix command for creating symbolic links to files.
And that should normally be possible only through shell, not ftp.

I'm curious as to which script requires having to do that to install it.
Is there no workaround listed at their site ?
An very large number of hosts don't provide shell access for security reasons, so this cannot be an isolated case with this script.

O, I hardly ever use shell... lol pity me.