FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

photoshop colour correction help

bjwok
hi folks,

i have a file:

http://www.bjwok.frih.net/images/b/bluetowhite.tiff

and i need to learn the best method in photoshop of converting the colour of the blue vehicle to white to match the other two vehicles in the image.

i have been fiddling with channels and selective colour adjustment layers but cannot come up with a realistic final image.

anyone have a better way of doing this?

cheers in advance.
kerryworkman
bjwok wrote:
hi folks,

i have a file:

http://www.bjwok.frih.net/images/b/bluetowhite.tiff

and i need to learn the best method in photoshop of converting the colour of the blue vehicle to white to match the other two vehicles in the image.

i have been fiddling with channels and selective colour adjustment layers but cannot come up with a realistic final image.

anyone have a better way of doing this?

cheers in advance.

You might try using the color balance options or mabye hue/saturation in combination with levels settings. There are many different ways to get the effect you are looking for it is all just trial and error. It will more than likely be a combination of things, rather than any one of them by themselves. If you have the image somewhere I can download it, and would be happy to play around with it a little bit and see what I can come up with.
bjwok
welll actually, the file was at that link champ, but no bother, i have done it nicely using a combination of hue/saturation and levels adjustment layers...

cheers for the suggestions anyway...
kerryworkman
bjwok wrote:
welll actually, the file was at that link champ, but no bother, i have done it nicely using a combination of hue/saturation and levels adjustment layers...

cheers for the suggestions anyway...

I tried to download it from the link but my computer must be tweaked, it kept giving me an error on the file, oh well. I am glad you found the solution you were looking for. Good luck with your future projects. Smile
bjwok
thats weird, it's a .tiff file, but you should still be able to download it and save it.

but yeah it's all cool anyway...

cheers