FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Dell Inspiron E1505 CD RECOVRERY





pollux1er
Hi to everybody. I have a big problem.

First what i want to know is about the labtop Dell Inspiron E1505.
Does it have a CD Recovery?

If yes, somebody here can send it to me? or make me download it?

Thanks for your help.
Animal
You will probably have to contact Dell directly to get a recovery CD for your laptop. It is highly likely that it would be illegal for someone to send you a copy of a recovery CD for another computer.
pollux1er
Animal wrote:
You will probably have to contact Dell directly to get a recovery CD for your laptop. It is highly likely that it would be illegal for someone to send you a copy of a recovery CD for another computer.


What are you talking about?? I bought my labtop here in Cameroun. Unfortunately, they do not get the CD recovery when the purchase it in France. All the recovery CD has been removed from the bags. Now, I was on the obligation to reinstore my system, because of a virus. Now i have a serious matter with my labtop. I can download exactly the drivers on the website of Dell. All the fuctionnalies of my lab are not responding.
Because i was having just one partition. I tried many times to partitionned it without any success.

But one thing i know is that if i have the recovery CD, i can get all my drivers restored.

So i need help. Thanks to understand.
Animal
pollux1er wrote:
What are you talking about?? I bought my labtop here in Cameroun. Unfortunately, they do not get the CD recovery when the purchase it in France. All the recovery CD has been removed from the bags. Now, I was on the obligation to reinstore my system, because of a virus. Now i have a serious matter with my labtop. I can download exactly the drivers on the website of Dell. All the fuctionnalies of my lab are not responding.

Yes, I understand that. However, making a copy of a recovery CD is most likely illegal since it will be covered by an EULA that states that it is not for re-distribution. If you need your full Windows software restored, this would mean getting an illegal copy of the Microsoft operating system - this is why I was suggesting that it would be illegal for someone to copy the CD for you and make it available on the internet for you to download.

pollux1er wrote:
But one thing i know is that if i have the recovery CD, i can get all my drivers restored.

For this reason, I would suggest that you contact Dell directly - they will be able to supply the exact recovery CD for your hardware to prevent you installing incorrect drivers and causing damage to the computer. If someone gives you a "copy" of a CD, you don't really know that it doesn't contain malware etc. If you get the disk directly from Dell, you know that you are getting the correct software for your PC.
pollux1er
I agree with you but i don't exactly know how can Dell help me through my matter. That is the real problem. Because i am very far from the "Dell" where my labtop has been bought, so that is why i decided to obtain a copy of the cd recovery.
I know it is illegal! But what is less expensive solution to get my drivers back? Tell me!
Related topics
open laptop "dell inspiron 5160" ?
Do You Have A Laptop ?
problem with Knoppix on a Windows laptop
Best flavor of Linux?
Need help booting from USB (Dell BIOS)
linux on a dell laptop
Windows XP language
Do you have a laptop computer?
Linux(Ubunto 7.04) onto my Dell Inspiron 1501
Laptop - Choose your brand
Ubuntu 8.04
Dell Inspiron 1420 Windows 7 sound problem
Need product key for frih$
Dell Inspiron 1564 laptop problem, pls help!
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Operating Systems

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.