FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Would You Put On Your Website?

Ennex
Hey Fri-hosters,

I was just thinking, I'm currently doing some renovations to my website and it occurred to me that mine is probably very different to others or lacking some features.

And it came to my mind, what would you put in your website?

or better yet, what makes your website different? or cool?

I myself am lacking as mentioned earlier, I've just have a few main html pages and an online forum and wordpress blog system.

But yeah, what do you have?
wxzt
Quote:

I've just have a few main html pages and an online forum and wordpress blog system.

So do I !
I like WordPress and fourm DISCUZ! (A Chinese fourm system).
GSIS
As I'm setting up an online directory of service providers, supported by online sales via a shop, I decided to use Zen Cart.

Why Zen Cart? Simple - as supplied it's already quite usable. It's also well supported with a good community of experienced users and - most importantly - it's free!

There'll be a lot to do as the site grows - new features to add, more services to provide to attract and keep customers. I'll be adding a forum of some description but I haven't decided what software I'll be using - so I'll be watching this thread carefully.
rafifaisal
Ennex wrote:
Hey Fri-hosters,

I was just thinking, I'm currently doing some renovations to my website and it occurred to me that mine is probably very different to others or lacking some features.

And it came to my mind, what would you put in your website?

or better yet, what makes your website different? or cool?

I myself am lacking as mentioned earlier, I've just have a few main html pages and an online forum and wordpress blog system.

But yeah, what do you have?

Hmmm maybe you can start off by telling what your site is about.
The main topic/subject of your site should be cool / innovative itself. I mean no point in making a second Youtube or a second Google when it already exists.

If you want to make a site with content that already exists, make sure yours is more userfriendly or has a better layout. Make sure it has something extra or better.
carlospro7
yeah, well, depending on what the site is about I would add different features.
Lets see... if it's a gaming site. I would definitely include a forum, and have Flash animations that are not too "hey look at me" type of deal. I would include a login system and, yeah, I don't exactly know what you mean by new features or whatever you said, but I guess something like that would look cool.
orcaz
Wordpress and phpBB are the things i would definitely install!
OS Master
I install a forum and blog depending on what the site is about. I may even install a wiki under certain conditions.