FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do you find my website?

miacps
Howdy, frihosters!

I've been working on my website for a little while now and would like to know what you all think: http://miacps.frih.net/

When making my site I wanted to make sure it was easy to use and fast to load. Let me know what you think, any ideas on how to improve it are welcome. Please let me know if you find any bugs!!

Also, if you're from the US (Hawaii and Alaska excluded, sorry!) and interested in Carnivorous plants, check out the items I have just listed on eBay! Wink
zellfaze
I have a suggestion. If you can track down the code (I don't know it) you could leave a box in the comments section for them to leave there email address and a comment in and have that forwarded to you. It is more user friendly I think. Overall it looks nice.
miacps
zellfaze wrote:
I have a suggestion. If you can track down the code (I don't know it) you could leave a box in the comments section for them to leave there email address and a comment in and have that forwarded to you. It is more user friendly I think.

Hey, thats a great idea! Never thought of that, thanks! Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
Cool website.

My suggestions on improvements would be to get some better graphics on there, at the moment it is loking kind of plain. A good place to get professional graphics would be at www.otgdesigns.net

The buttons need some work, maybe take off the big outline, and look for a different font?

Anyways, not bad.
tamilparks
cool site with more gallary its nice
zellfaze
miacps wrote:
zellfaze wrote:
I have a suggestion. If you can track down the code (I don't know it) you could leave a box in the comments section for them to leave there email address and a comment in and have that forwarded to you. It is more user friendly I think.

Hey, thats a great idea! Never thought of that, thanks! Very Happy

Your welcome. If you need help finding the code for that I will try to help to the best of my abilities. I think I know a place I can find the html/js code that needs to be edited to work.
{name here}
It misrenders on my resolution/browser/both. You content div/cell extends well beyond to the right.
m-productions

The fact that you made this your self is pretty nice, and the layout is simple, yet still fancy enough not to bor you. However, I do think it needs a little more.. some pictures.. or something, to keep the eye on the page, also, as the person above has said, there is a bit of a problem with that, other than that, nice work!
TarsajumaClan
Thats pretty cool, nice simple layout...
dwikristianto
m-productions wrote:

@ m-productions,

how to create that nice sigs ?
TIA
m-productions
dwikristianto wrote:
m-productions wrote:

@ m-productions,

how to create that nice sigs ?
TIA

I got rather board one day, and made loads and loads of userbars for w/e i could think of, so I made 7 "star rankings" so people could use them, so maybe we could get a universal ranking system going here.. at least for my rankins..
miacps
Thanks for the advice everyone.

{name here} wrote:
It misrenders on my resolution/browser/both. You content div/cell extends well beyond to the right.

What resolution and browser are you running? The thing is I made everything to be viewed correctly on at least a 1024 x 768 resolution.. didn't think anyone still went with the old 800 x 600. Embarassed
darrenpaul
I agree, Its very user friendly and I quite like the design, well done!
zellfaze
miacps wrote:
Thanks for the advice everyone.

{name here} wrote:

What resolution and browser are you running? The thing is I made everything to be viewed correctly on at least a 1024 x 768 resolution.. didn't think anyone still went with the old 800 x 600. Embarassed

I use to have to use 800x600, but I got a new computer and monitor so I am like the rest and use 1024x768. I know I have the code for determining browser, res, os, and a couple other things lying around if you guys want them.
bjwok
i found your website really easily just by clicking the link you provided.

how did everyone else find it? Laughing
richard270384
Gday,

I feel a bit like the odd one out here - everybody else seems to really like your site.

I'm curious to know what you expect the type of visitors to your site will be? I assume mostly older people who didn't grow up with the internet and possibly dont use the internet much so have relatively slow, cheap internet connections?

If thats the case, then I think that you have probably 'hit the nail on the head' with your simplicity. I think your visitors will really appreciate it.

But i personally found it a little plain. (I'm not really a plant person so maybe that didnt help Very Happy ).

Its a good start though and theres no reason why you couldnt leave it as it is and slowly tweak it over time.

As for the 800x600 screen resolution some people are viewing your page in, I dont think that too many people will still be using 800x600 so I wouldnt worry too much about it. I've been making my site compatible with 800x600 in mind just to make sure everyone can view it properly but it really limits what you can do. I know some people have said you can get scripts that will detect a users screen resolution but apparently they are very 'buggy' so be careful.

Can I suggest that you look into learning a little PHP? If you decide to use a script to detect a users screen size you will probably need to end up having 2 websites - one for small screens and one for big screens. That could make updating your site take a lot more time. Using PHP, you could make it so that both sites are updated at once by you just updating text files which are shared by both versions of your site.

My other suggestion is that your photo galleries could be better. I used PHP for my gallery. If you want to take a look go to http://nickferno.richard.frih.net and click on "Photos". I'd be happy to help you set up something similar on your site.

Cheers,
Richard
zplitstonez
good day.
it is a nice site. page loads very quickly.

but i have a comment, please treat this comment as a help from me.
I have seen your site, one thing i noticed is it's simplicity, it is very very simple and plain,
please improve your graphics, buttons, alignments.

I hope this one could help you make your site more beautiful and attractive.
GOD bless.

If you want to visit my site. it's http://www.hydrolight.frih.net . it is a pure flash site, and it takes a long time to load. But don't worry, I'm still on the processes of learning.

cheers.
have a nice day