FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Greatest movie quotes thread!

clydejaw
I'm not sure if anyone has started a thread like this... so here are the rules:

Just post the best quote from movies!

heres one to start off with....

Napolean dynamite:

Don: Hey, Napoleon. What did you do last summer again?
Napoleon Dynamite: I told you! I spent it with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines!
Don: Did you shoot any?
Napoleon Dynamite: Yes, like 50 of 'em! They kept trying to attack my cousins, what the heck would you do in a situation like that?
Don: What kind of gun did you use?
Napoleon Dynamite: A freakin' 12-gauge, what do you think?

GOGOGO!
pudovkin
- CHOCOLAAAATE!
-- Sloth, "Goonies"
Blu_Spykz
Keeping up communications...you know...giving him the bird

Maverick - Top Gun
bluefossil
"I Love the Smell of Napalm in the morning," but I can't think of a quote for this thread.
Dean_The_Great
"Well hello Mr. Fancypants! I got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and Shit. And Jack left town"

-Ash, Army of Darkness
judgehawk
pretty much "The Shawshank Redemption" in its entirety.

Plus "I'm gonna cut your heart out with a spoon!" - Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves
and "You've always been the caretaker" - The Shining
HDirtwater
Please pardon my language in the following quotes...

"You're not even grabastic globs of amphibian shit!" Full Metal Jacket

"It's not in my nature to be mysterious, but I can't talk about it, and I can't talk about why." Oceans 12

"That rug really tied the room together, did it not." The Big Lubowski

edit - one more of my favorites....

"I'm a mushroom-cloud-laying motherf....r, motherf....r. I'm the guns of the Navarrone!" Pulp Fiction
j_f_k
(showing my age)

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn"

"I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, toto..."

'are u feeling lucky, punk'
Octaeder
"I only slept with her because I'm in love with you!" - Line from Rules of Attraction always cracks me up.

And anytime the dude said "That rug really held the room together" in The Big Lebowski
blk3
Life is like a box of Choclates, youll never know what you're gonna get - Forrest Gump
Whong
"Never take your eyes off your opponent, even when you bow... That's it." - Bruce Lee (Enter the Dragon)
molif
"High fiveeeeeeeee" - Borat, Borat
Blu_Spykz
Hasta La Vista Baby - Terminator 2
===========================
Quote:
"Charlie: So lieutenant, where exactly were you?
Maverick: Well, we...
Goose: Thank you.
Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.
Iceman: [coughs whilst saying] Bullsh**.
Goose: No he was man, it was a really great move. He was inverted.
Charlie: You were in a 4g inverted dive with a MiG28?
Maverick: Yes ma'am.
Charlie: At what range?
Maverick: Um, about 2 meters.
Goose: It was actually about 1 and a half I think. It was 1 and a half, I've got a great Polaroid of it, and he's right there, must be 1 and a half.
Maverick: Was a nice picture.
Goose: Thanks.
Charlie: Eh lieutenant, what were you doing there?
Goose: Communicating.
Maverick: Communicating. Keeping up foriegn relations. You know, giving him the bird!
Goose: [Charlie looks puzzled, so Goose clarifies] You know, the finger
[gestures apprpriately]
Charlie: Yes, I know the finger, Goose.
Goose: I-I'm sorry, I hate it when it does that, I'm sorry. Excuse me. "

TOP GUN.
scottycrip
"Give me the keys you c0ck sucker what the fvck?" -Benicio Del Toro (Fenster) in Usual Suspects

"Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by a 'orrible ******... me." -Brick Top Snatch

"You're gonna wish you never f**king got up this f**king morning assh*le, because my boyfriend's gonna f**k you up! And then after that while he's f**king up your f**king gay uncle over there I'm gonna f**king cut off your c*ck and mail it to your mother, you f**king f*ggot bitch! You gayl*rd f**king bitch! How do you like that? You like that a lot you f**king faggot? You like to ass f**k? Fontanella f**king babyheads! You like to f**k babyheads? You like to f**k boys? He's gonna f**k you in the ass, how do you like that? He's not even gay but he'll do it just to f**k..." -Sarah Silverman in Way of the Gun
headie
"Would you mind telling me whose brain I...did...put in?"
"And you won't be angry?"
"I will not be angry."
"...Abby-something..."
"Abby Something? Abby who?"
"Abby...Normal..."

-Young Frankenstein

"I'm a f***in' demon and you're gonna have him assault me with a putter?"

"Quit killing people. That's high profile."

-Both from Dogma

And one of the greatest ever- "It's good to be the King" -History of the World Pt. 1
rvec
please also add why you like the quote, just to make it look a bit less like a spam topic. So a post should include a movie, a quote and a reason why you like the quote.
Tim Graham
(on bowling):
Quote:
Stan Coombs: And remember, this is a game of skill, touch and patience. A true revealer of character.
Jack Simpson: All it's revealing right now is two inches of arse-crack poking out the top of my pants!
Crackerjack, 2002
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0291832/
melissareich
I LOVE the quotes from the more Girl, Interrupted!

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.

My favorite evvvver!!

Was I ever crazy? Maybe. Or maybe life is... Crazy isn't being broken or swallowing a dark secret. It's you or me amplified. If you ever told a lie and enjoyed it. If you ever wished you could be a child forever. They were not perfect, but they were my friends and by the '70s most of them were out living lives. Some I've seen, some never again, but there isn't a day my heart doesn't find them.
Blu_Spykz
Dean_The_Great wrote:
"Well hello Mr. Fancypants! I got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and Shit. And Jack left town"

-Ash, Army of Darkness

HAHA fantastic. Relit my love for Ash, I need to re-watch Evil Dead trilogy NOW!

-----------------------------

"You see = you push the light, run to the door, and have plenty of time to put the key into the..." (light goes off) "...Ar£e"

= Rik Mayall, Guest House Paradiso
terror911
"f*kin firefighters are a bunch of homos"
-The Departed(2006) Cool
MsRedImp
Yeah I agree, the script of The Shawshank Redemption.
Whong
"I'm going to make a monkey out of you plumber!" - "Trust the funguse." Super Mario Bros
Coclus
"On A Long Enough Timeline, Everyone's Survival Rate Drops To Zero" The one and only "Fight Club" Movie!
Blaster
"The snoze berries tast like snoze berries" Supper Troopers

"We don't want no water let the mother f****r burn" Eurotrip
tenpin
300 (Movie)

Dilios lost an eye in a battle.

Leonidas: Dilios, I trust that scratch hasn't made you useless.
Dilios: Hardly, my Lord. It's just an eye. The gods saw fit to grace me with a spare.
Kelcey
"If he dies, he dies." - ivan drago
rappn
Some quotes from The Deer Hunter:

Michael: I'll tell ya one thing, if I find out my life had to end up being in the mountains, it'd be all right, but it has to be in your mind.
Nick: What? One shot?
Michael: Two is pussy.
----------
Steven: You get a deer?
Michael: Naa man
Steven: C'maaan! You didn't get a DEE-E-EAH?
----------
Nick: Did you hear about the happy Roman?
Man in Locker Room: Yeah.
Nick: He was "glad he ate her.

Luca Brasi: Don Corleone, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your daughter... 's wedding... on the day of your daughter's wedding. And I hope their first child be a masculine child. I pledge my ever-ending loyalty.
----------
Sonny: Hey, listen, I want somebody good - and I mean very good - to plant that gun. I don't want my brother coming out of that toilet with just his dick in his hands, alright?
Clemenza: The gun'll be there.
----------
Don Corleone: Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.

END OF QUOTES!