You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

1000+ Frih$ - Php Forum Points Project

I'm looking for a basic Cash Mod to be added to my site. It's not phpbb, it's just a very basic forum.

Here's what i'm looking for:

Points to be displayed same place as frihost forums.
For 1 post, you get 1 point.
For every Character in the post, you get 0.005 points added on. (This does not include spaces and Quotes )
Maximum of 5 points.
The ability for users to donate to each other.
Display points to 2 decimal places.

Admin Page:

Ability to set which admins can change points. (Default- Super Admin.)
Ability to change points.
Ability to change the name of the points. (frih$) .. Or in my case (frag$)
Ability to disable points for a certain user. (Default- All)
Edit: The ability to change the amount given per character.
Edit: Option to remove set amount of points from user/users per day. With a list of names in the admin area showing how much is being removed per day.
Edit: A log of the points exchanged in donations. Including what admins give and take in admin area.
Edit: Set which forum has points enabled.

And.. that seems to be it.

To give you an idea of the size of the project, these are the forum file:
(and yes.. That is it)

I'm using WebSpell, and i have created a seperate index for the forums so that i could have the forums spread accross the page. Everything works within one page 'forumindex.php' This calls upon the content below the header.

There are several for the actual view of the forum which i can adit myself as it just html.

I'd like the user's points to be set in $userpoints or something like that, so that it can be veiwed on the page. You'll get the idea.

Please reply here and tell me how much u wld like for the project completion.

I still need this. Smile
Ghost Rider103
I can't believe nobody has taken this offer up yet.

If I knew how to do this, I probally would for 1,000 Frih$. Unfortunately, as you already know, this is the area where my skills lack.

Good luck though, hopefully you get somone who will do the job.
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I can't believe nobody has taken this offer up yet.

If I knew how to do this, I probally would for 1,000 Frih$. Unfortunately, as you already know, this is the area where my skills lack.

Good luck though, hopefully you get somone who will do the job.

Maybe nobody know this?
Its not the fact that nobody know's this, but the fact its one heck of a lot of work.
There's quite a lot to put into this system to make it work:

• User permissions integration
  • Admin backend
  • making sure that only the correct type of posts collect points
  • Counting points for characters in post
  • Donation interface
  • Modification interface

You may get a bit more attention now that the summer's here, but you'll either have to advertise this a lot more (try the php and mysql forum) or increase your price, or go hunting for someone.

Try FreelanceCMS.
I've asked around and this job is worth 500 - 700 max. I have tried it myself, but i dont know php or mysql.

Im not in a position to judge, but i dont think this should be all that difficult...

I'll show u an example of the code:

$ergebnis=safe_query("SELECT hits FROM ".PREFIX."counter");
$us = mysql_fetch_array(safe_query("SELECT count(userID) FROM ".PREFIX."user"));

$dt = mysql_fetch_array(safe_query("SELECT count FROM ".PREFIX."counter_stats WHERE dates='$date'"));
if($dt[count]) $today = $dt[count]; else $today = 0;

$dy = mysql_fetch_array(safe_query("SELECT count FROM ".PREFIX."counter_stats WHERE dates='$dateyesterday'"));
if($dy[count]) $yesterday = $dy[count]; else $yesterday = 0;

//$monthquery = safe_query("SELECT count FROM ".PREFIX."counter_stats WHERE dates LIKE '%$datemonth'");
//while($dm=mysql_fetch_array($monthquery)) {
// $month = $month+$dm[count];

$online = mysql_num_rows(safe_query("SELECT time FROM ".PREFIX."whoisonline"));
$guests = mysql_num_rows(safe_query("SELECT ip FROM ".PREFIX."whoisonline WHERE userID=''"));
$user = mysql_num_rows(safe_query("SELECT userID FROM ".PREFIX."whoisonline WHERE ip=''"));
$useronline = $guests + $user;
if($user==1) $user_on='1 user';
else $user_on=$user.' users';   
if($guests==1) $guests_on='1 guest';
else $guests_on= $guests.' guests';
eval ("\$stats = \"".gettemplate("stats")."\";");
echo $stats;

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
    <td width="5%">&nbsp;</td>
    <td width="45%">$today visits (today)</td>
    <td><div align="right">$user_on online</div></td>
    <td width="45%">$yesterday visits (yesterday)</td>
    <td width="45%"><div align="right">$guests_on online</div></td>
    <td width="45%">$total visits total</td>
    <td width="45%"><div align="right">$us registered users</div></td>
    <td colspan="2"><div align="center">• <a href="index.php?site=whoisonline">Who's Online?</a></div></td>

It doesnt look that difficult to me if you know how to write to and read from a SQL database. It's all im really asking you to do.

When setting admin positions.. There is a page with ticky boxes for 'super admin' 'news feed' shoutbox admin' ect.. I'd just like 'points management' adding to it so i can set them admins to manage the points.

I hope someone can do this for me.

*Bump* I dont know wat else i can offer really..

You'll get a 1 year Banner on my site.. Visable on every page, except forums.
If i had the time, i'd do it for you, iv'e made loads of these kind of things its just time consuming to get it all into place.
You may already have the code you have done but sometimes its just as quick for someone to start from scatch and integrate the code as they go.

Forums are pretty basic, its just a lot of forms and queries, and depending on the complexity it can become a task to setup the database as well.

The fact that you want it admin backend means a nothing cept a couple more forms and if statements for 'edit' buttons etc etc.

If you start doing it and have a real trouble i'll be happy to help with the odd small thing but i haven't the time to do it all atm.

Hey Louis,

Damn i wish you had some spare time lol. I have given it my best shot, but it difficult jumping in at the deep end and expecting it to work. And.. well.. yeah, it didnt work.

I've created what i think would calulate and write th epoints to a table. I just having problems recalling the points back on a page. I 've tried everything. I've given up for now, but i really cant do anything untill i have this points system in place. I've come across something tho could i cld use, but i cant find a download for it anywhere. Some sites have some point mod type thing installed. And i'm curious to wat it offers and if i cld mod it to what im wanting.

it may help everyone by knowing the type of software you are using, if it's not phpbb what is it? is it an open source script? or one you have purchased or even coded yourself?

Waiting for reply
Hey, It's just the forum within the cms 'Webspell'.
It's pritty basic i sopose, I see manofgame recomemded you freelaneCMS, would be able to help me in any way?.

Thanks, Hammy.
hey Hammy i have a friend who really knows his stuff with computers and he might have time to do this for you as he's trying to get to the top of the leaderboard for frih. He's already in the top 10.
His names Ninjakannon. I haven't been in touch with him for a few days but give him a pm and i'm sure he'll be happy to help.

You could post him a link to this thread. Hope he can help you.
Hey, thanks divinity. I'm going to postpone this for a lil while because i've had to restart my website over again because i'm dropping down a version but it has more things including a points system. I'll see how this works out.

Yeah its best you do postpone it because Ninjakannon texted me last night that he went on holiday and wont be back for 2 weeks! I'll try to remember to notify you when he gets back.
Btw Ninjakannon did my whole website and it has loadsa great stuff. Point system, cool style, cash mod and even a shop!
Take a look. Its