FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pandora

Patriot Players
www.pandora.com

This website is awesome, it basically lets you make your own radio station based on the style of an artist or song that you give it. It predicts what you will like, and then you thumbs up or thumbs down the songs that it gives you and the station adjusts accordingly. Ive had tons of fun playing with it. Its totally free but you need to register in order for it to save your stations - takes about 5 minutes and you dont wind up getting any spam from it. Great fun.
Helios
Pandora is great, but I prefer Last.FM for it's huge music collection.
I'm listening to many underground bands, which Pandora doesn't have.
Ducksteina
I really liked listening to Pandora, but some day it just stopped working...
The problem: I'm living in Europe, and they didn't get the licences for that yet. So no Pandora for European users... Sad
dinael
Ducksteina wrote:
I really liked listening to Pandora, but some day it just stopped working...
The problem: I'm living in Europe, and they didn't get the licences for that yet. So no Pandora for European users... Sad

Yeah, same case here.
They are fighting with American laws, trying to survive.

Rolling Eyes
Jakob [JaWGames]
Yes, the same for me, I used them alot and found many interesting artists and now I can't use the site anymore... Very annoying.
rekluzz
Pandora used to be one of my favorite sites to visit, until they started blocked visitors from outside the US. No other site offers music like they did. At least I haven't found one yet.
Josso
Discovered this just before Last.fm, I discovered some damn good artists on there. Now that Last.fm has been sold and it's on some better servers I'd say your better off having Last.fm purely becuase it offers loads of features and is now quite reliable.
Patriot Players
Does last fm let you customize what sort of music plays on your station in the same way pandora does? Thats really the main reason I like pandora so much. Also the user interface is really well done, streamlined and not laggy at all. Nice to see some well programmed stuff out there.

Would like to check out Lastfm though, whats the web address for it?
Nutteloos
It's a shame they closed this for European users a while ago. I was just about to get into this and then... oh well.
poly
That's pretty cool I gotta admit.