FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Intel Upcoming Processor

HussanAli
Intel is releasing new processor which is based upon core 2 duo architect but they have 1333 MHz FSB and reaching upto 3.20 Ghz. They will release on 22 July. Very Happy
TheGeek
If I'm not mistaken it is also going to be in their "Mobile" linup of processors as well. It's supposed to be a new breed of Extreme Mobile Processor
ForceRun
Yeap Intel is coming out with a bunch of sweet new processors. CPU mag has the low down on the next 4 years, Intel is putting their size to work and has got at least 4 new processors in the works. AMD was a ahead but the Conroe has changed that and Intel hasn't slowed down at all. AMD does have some sweet processors come out soon too. End result processors are getting more powerful, more cores, and cheaper. Everyone wins.
ganesh
Being in the silicon industry, I know it for a fact that for the last 5 - 7 years, there has been no major innovation in the processor architecture from the side of both Intel and AMD. Both the companies are just recycling their old architectures, and thanks to advances in manufacturing technologies, are able to put their architectures in a smaller space (process change, down to 45nm - 65nm now). With the extra available space, they are just plugging in more cores and making minor architecture changes on the wrapper to make it appear as if they are releasing a completely new processor. This is the viewpoint from the academic innovation perspective.

From the marketing perspective, the processor company guys must be really happy that the public is getting swayed by the higher speeds and 'performance' of the latest processors in the line! Good for them that they continue to keep earning their daily bread!
emem
I agree. Those "new" processors are nothing new, actually... They have worse overclocking potential because of that higher FSB. Those cheap budget processors like e2140/e2160 and e4300/e4400 are really the best, while you can overclock them like hell.