FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

2 different speed of RAM

cvkien
i had a question here that i had 2 pieces of RAM which 1 is
DDR2 533 512mb and another
DDR2 667 512mb

so my problem is before this i put 533 in the 1st ram slot (next to processor start count as 1)
and another 667 i place in the second slot. and i run it for 3 months and there is nothing wrong(fast enough). but after that, it suddenly crash. i can't even load into windows and keep showing blue screen. then i check my system and i found out the 667 ram was spoil, but i can't see any burn out.

so i brought back for warranty and i got a new 667 512mb ram. and i still put it into the same position.
so is it will burn out again?? i mean can i place my ram according that direction?
Arnie
I don't think it burnt because it had to work together with another DIMM. Sometimes they just burn, and that's what happened.
kizarop
Manually set-up speed of RAM in BIOS , use memory clock from slower module and latencies from the one with higher rates.
Donutey
Running the two different speeds wasn't the problem, your motherboard will automatically detect the speed and choose the fastest speed supported by all modules (in this case 533) the 667 dimm was just a bad module, it happens time to time.