FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

So... What happened to the Memberlist and Rules links?

Hogwarts
They've vanished from the face of Frihost!

I think they should er.. be put back up there - so that people can quickly access them. And.. so that new people actually read the rules.

Anyway, can the Memberlist and Rules links be re-added to the top?

Just my worthless drivel - Tobias
Arnie
http://www.frihost.com/forums/memberlist.php ?
tidruG
I believe there was some restructuring. Bondings said that the links should not be affected for users. Can you check up on this again and let me know if the links are visible to you now or not?
Bondings
The forum rules are part of the TOS.

I don't see the reason why users should be able to view the memberlist, other than for statistics maybe. A lot of big forums don't provide them.
Arnie
Just save the link to your favourites and problem solved! Mr. Green
Bondings
Arnie wrote:
Just save the link to your favourites and problem solved! Mr. Green

Until I disable it for everyone not in the staff. But really, why do you need those stats?
Arnie
For the same reason we like to have the IRC stats... ask Max the #1 in both Very Happy
m-productions
I use this as well, when im bored i check out who has the most post, most frih.. ect. check out how many new people..ect I really like the members section.. dont take that away =(
rvec
I am still a top 50 poster. Want to stay in it but that's hard to check if it's disabled.
Arnie
It's a hidden desire in all of us... Surprised

I actually know a website where they deliberately shut down the memberlist, and they used to publish a top posters list every 6 months or so, with a lot of decoration...
garionw
Maybe we could just have the top 50 posters, and one's with Highest Frihost - We all like to have the highest post count Wink
rvec
highest frih$ you mean Wink
seems like a fine idea to me. And if bondings doesn't want to let all users see the whole memberlist, maybe only a top 50 or top 100.
reddishblue
Oh...my...god!

I got kicked out of the top 50 posters!

See, this never would have happened if I could access the memberlist.

Anyway, why would you need to get rid of it?

And now to go on a spamming contributing rampage!

Reddish Cool
James007
I think the memberlist has its value for everyone. It's always nice to know who is very active and who isn't.
I even get nervous when a vBulletin forum has it's "who is online" list closed for public viewing. I don't know why... Very Happy
deanhills
Wow rvec, that was a fast lock-up of my thread, Speedy Konsalis must be a cousin of yours Laughing. OK, you've guided me to the right thread and I found the link to the current memberlist, how come it has been nixed, has that question ever been answered?:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/memberlist.php

I clicked around the membership list and found it rather drawn out thinking up all kinds of suggestions, like the top 100 posters, and then when I looked a little closer found that the database is actually searchable! Completely creative, thank you Bondings! I am totally totally impressed. BUT how can one appreciate this wonderful work of art if no one can access it, or is this a test of our memory skills? Laughing

I really think we can do much more with it. Actually quite fun to click around it once you have figured out how searchable it is.
rvec
it's part of phpbb, that's why it's there, but bondings removed the link for some reason.
LostOverThere
So I appear to be the 46th top poster. Personally I would like to see the memberlist added back to the top as it is quite interesting to look at. Though, on the other hand it really isn't a big deal.
deanhills
LostOverThere wrote:
So I appear to be the 46th top poster. Personally I would like to see the memberlist added back to the top as it is quite interesting to look at. Though, on the other hand it really isn't a big deal.

I was thinking that too today. All I have to do is put a shortcut on my desktop. No biggie .... Smile
deanhills
Rvec, just got an idea Idea Why not make this posting into a sticky, that way we can have the shortcut for the membership list right on top of the suggestions list all the time and we will know where to find it Smile
rvec
if bondings wants a link he'll add it to the links on the top of every page. He already said he's planning on making the memberlist staff-only, so making this a sticky sounds like a bad idea to me.
deanhills
rvec wrote:
if bondings wants a link he'll add it to the links on the top of every page. He already said he's planning on making the memberlist staff-only, so making this a sticky sounds like a bad idea to me.

Thanks Rvec, I will keep posting to keep the shortcut to the thread "on top" or until an alternative has been created (Plan B) Smile
rvec
deanhills wrote:
Thanks Rvec, I will keep posting to keep the shortcut to the thread "on top" or until an alternative has been created (Plan B) Smile

-close- for really trying that