FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

odd behavior: when replying.

benjad
Hi... encountered an odd behavior when adding a reply to a thread... most likely a phpbb thing.. but someone can play with and try to repeat.

Behavior occurs when adding a reply, when your reply will be the first one on a new page... After you reply, you can choose to go back to the forum, or view your reply. When I choose view your reply, It took me to page 1, when the new post was on page 2. Wasn't very obvious reply was on page 2.

Can anyone repeat? or is this intended?
SonLight
It sounds like a bug to me, and probably the kind that nobody wants to bother fixing, so they may figure out a way to call it a "feature". I usually wait for the automatic redirect myself, and it usually positions it at my article. I assume that would have the same problem also, and would probably leave it positioned at the very bottom of the first page instead of the top of the second.
dray101
Sorry, this is off topic, but benjad I love you icon! Laughing

Very Happy

Where'd you get it? Can I steal it?
I should put it on my sig...
tidruG
This is just a small bug in phpBB, in my opinion. It's happened quite a few times with me as well. I don't think it has a fix.
Bondings
That might be due to some changes from me. But in that case it should only happen when the second/next page is very small, like only 1 message or similar. Otherwise it's a phpbb bug.
saratdear
I think that this is a phpBB bug, because I had this problem before the changes were started.
Bondings
saratdear wrote:
I think that this is a phpBB bug, because I had this problem before the changes were started.

I changed some stuff related to the pagination and redirect quite a while ago and it didn't have anything to do with the current layout changes.
benjad
dray101 wrote:
Sorry, this is off topic, but benjad I love you icon! Laughing

Very Happy

Where'd you get it? Can I steal it?
I should put it on my sig...

steal away, no idea where I got it from...

for the behavior, looks like it is part of phpbb.