FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sort HD by file size?

jwellsy
Does any one know of a program that will produce a list of files on a hard drive, sort them by file size and show the date they were created/last used? I want to clean up some room on my HD and want to get rid of old large files.

Thanks
squeetox
TuneUp Disk Space Explorer will do it. It comes in TuneUp Utilities 2007, which is shareware, so you might just want to try the feature.
myrevolt
The best thing IMHO is SequoiaView, which is currently maintained as WinDirStat (which I haven't used), it provides a visualization of file size on disk or within folders, which can then be filtered to find no longer wanted files (or simply those that the user wishes to burn to cd/dvd and removed from the hdd). SequioaView is freeware not sure about WinDirStat. AFAIK neither support searching by creation date though, I'll see what I can find.
GSIS
I love synchronicity.

I spent most of yesterday evening identifying and clearing out crap from my HD. Last night I left it compressing unused files that I didn't want to delete.

This morning I found out about WinDirStat and gave it a try. It turned out to be a very useful tool.

Once I've finished cleaning up I'll defrag the drive and it'll be good for another few months. I hope.