FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Java Servlet IDE and development Environmnet

mike_phi
Hi there I am a experienced java programmer who is venturing into Java servlets, and need some information as to ho to get started, the only server side programming I did was PHP.

Anyway my first question is :
Is there a IDE available for servlet development, i.e. which has a servlet container with all the required servlet jar files which on could use for quick experimentation with servlets instead of deploying the on a server.

Or even better
Does anyone know if there is an eclipse pluggin available for java servlet development.

my next question

has anyone sucessfully installed java servlets dependancies on an apache server making it java servlet enabled, if so could you reply with you installation and configuration instructions please please please

my next question is a bit ambitious as its bassed on me having the above two questions resolved

with regard to .war files and deploying an applicatyion, I have read that this file is basically a jar file but that it has a specic file structure can someone mybe point me in the direction of a good hellow world .war file using java servlets and give a brife explination how one would install this war file on apache hence making it runnable.

cheers Mic