FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Sites Do You Get Your Gaming News From...

TarsajumaClan
I'm just wondering... I get most of mine from the site I work with, but I check out a few others...
vonboy
well i mostly goto gamespot, or the gamingsteve forums. the guy that runs the site had a baby, and he's gotten too busy to run it, but the forum is still very much alive, and waiting for the day that he'll finally start up his weekly podcasts again lol.

i also check out the smash bros website that has updates on the game every weekday. most of it is little useless stuff, but like once a week, they'll post something worthwhile.
DaJiMsTa
Gamespot is the main hang out for me also. I find their site to be mostly up to date, with lots of screenshots.

For Game Industry news i read Gamasutra Daily.
hlavco
I usually go to ign.com, but gamespot.com has been the best lately. I think they have the best e3 coverage.
Osmodius
Digg, usually. You have to filter through a lot of garbage but most of the important news shows up there.
Keran
My first choice is www.gamespot.com
It is my favourite website, they write everything really clearly and decently.
If there isn't a game I'm looking for in gamespot I always check www.gamerankings.com
There's pretty much everything there ;]
ShawnKelfonne
I lurk around both
Kotaku: http://www.kotaku.com
and
Destructoid: http://www.destructoid.com

Some of the stories they run are similar, and I'm sure you could find the same news elsewhere, but I like the writing style there, and DToid has a decent community among its readers.
TarsajumaClan
Osmodius wrote:
Digg, usually. You have to filter through a lot of garbage but most of the important news shows up there.

Digg posts to much garbage... only 1 in 5 stories are worth reading... But thats just my opinion... (Personally, I love using it. You make front page, you make 14k hits that day...)
GProject
As well as some already mentioned, I like to visit Gametrailers.com/ - always has good reviews and previews of games. Lots of video too, and some of it is HD if you've got a good internet connection.

They also did a fantastic Zelda Retrospective a few months back. Worth checking out.
mattchun
If you can read Chinese, I think ali123.com is a good site for gaming information.
Insanity
I used GameFAQs, but it's connected with Gamespot so I guess they're about the same.
smithmcfarlandslattery
ummm i used mmorpgs.com onrpg.com and uh gamespot.
rayx
Gamespot is my favorite games news, its not only news their giving there but also some trailer of the games.
dac_nip
i use gamefaqs.com. it is simple but detailed. all the facts that i need!
blk3
I goto gamepro.com, gamepressure.com or the-magicbox.com for my gaming fix.
Jeff_vella_leone
TarsajumaClan wrote:
I'm just wondering... I get most of mine from the site I work with, but I check out a few others...

I use game spot and 3d gamers

gamespot is very efficient and has a good downloading host and its free

3d gamers isnt as efficient as gamespot yet on some games the demos they come before then on gamespot and same is for gamespot i think they got some agreement with some game publishers
3d games aint that efficient to download stuff from them but they are good too
rpgamer
I really like http://www.gamespot.com
sickpsique
The best site for me is : phazeddl.com >>Excelent everything i need about a game is there !
Shocked
Jeff_vella_leone
sickpsique wrote:
The best site for me is : phazeddl.com >>Excelent everything i need about a game is there !
Shocked

well thats a warez site
and as far as i know thats illegal here
its written in the rules but im too lazy to show you where
apart from that ists off topic
the topic maker wanted to know sites that makes you up to date on the new games etc not a site where you want to search for a game
SpellcasterDX
I usually use either IGN/IGN Boards. (Yes I post there.)
And gamespot.com. That's another reliable news site.

But I found a new news site, though it's only for FIFA 08 news only. (It's a wordpress news blog)
spykE
I'm dutch and from belgium so I usually go to one of the local sites who are decent: 9lives.be. Otherwise I go to teamxbox and gamespot.
virre
BoardGameGeek.com

I know you mean computer/video games but acctualy BoardGameGeek is where I hear about that kind of stuff to.

(See that as I don't really care about those kinds of games but it araises on the BGG forums from time to time and I check the threads nevertheless)
vonboy
i'm now going to vgchartz.com too. it shows weekly sales of hardware and games, and its fairly accurate. it also has a prediction league where you try to predict the next weeks system and game sales.
Octaeder
Joystiq mostly these days... Used to use IGN, but then I's supplement whatever tidbits they offered by buying actual magazines.
Jeff_vella_leone
vonboy wrote:
i'm now going to vgchartz.com too. it shows weekly sales of hardware and games, and its fairly accurate. it also has a prediction league where you try to predict the next weeks system and game sales.

well i checked up this site
http://vgchartz.com

well from the first look it looked not bad but when i checked the latest games i was surprised that there wasn't a single pc game neighter a game i new of that was new much snes and xbox games still old
its surly not up to date i said
in fact when i went to search for pc games it just showed up only 44 games and the latest game i saw was Battlefield 2142 (PC) i said omfg
it doesn't even have doom 3 a game years old now
that site really sucks bad man
its surly ain't a good site to get recent news and updates from and having rankings on old games aint much fun neighter.
GameSpot is the best Smile
mynameis
i get most of my gaming news and that lark at http://360.ign.com there pretty good and not really biased like some other gaming sites Surprised
Loghete
I get mine from the nexgenwars forums. I think most game news sites are so slow..
tsj-rid3
MyArcadePlanet

www.myarcadeplanet.com
TarsajumaClan
tsj-rid3 wrote:
MyArcadePlanet

www.myarcadeplanet.com

lol nice... glad to know some one reads it...
vaoger
www.gamespot.com
a cool place to get info...
but usually i get lot of game info throught the forum...
coz lot of people will contribute their game info that they found on the net or locally newspaper..
FORUM.. is my main place for it!!!
wabik90
I don't read news about games on websites. I buy game magazines in local newspaper. I think it's good idea because they always add some extra full versions and demos and trailers. But i know that some people don't like to pay for something which they can get for(almost)free Very Happy
Chance570
TarsajumaClan wrote:

Usually Joystiq and it's counter parts like Xbox 360 Fanboy, Wii, PS3, PSP fanboy.

Plus they entertain you as you read. Laughing
Kelcey
ign used to be my best source. Now I like reading the rumors a lot, so I visit kotaku. Mostly though, I hit up gaf and other forums for news.
eday2010
I used to use GameSpot all the time t olook up games and news. I still use it for news, but not games so much. Not after the one editor got fired for giving Kane & Lynch a 6/10 review score because Eidos threatened to pull their ads fro mthe site. I feel the site can't really be trusted anymore to give fair and objectional reviews.
Jeff_vella_leone
eday2010 wrote:
I used to use GameSpot all the time t olook up games and news. I still use it for news, but not games so much. Not after the one editor got fired for giving Kane & Lynch a 6/10 review score because Eidos threatened to pull their ads fro mthe site. I feel the site can't really be trusted anymore to give fair and objectional reviews.

didn't know about this
when did this happen?
Much unfair in my openion
eday2010
It was reported on Wired Magazines blog on November 29. http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/11/sources-gamespo.html

And was confirmed by Gamespot the next day or day after that. Thus I don't trust that site for reviews anymore. I will stick with magazines and their sites even if the magazine review comes a month after the game is out.
bloodrider
I use Gamespot to know news about games.
But I didn't know that they were "flexible", I'm surprised with that Eidos issue, too bad Sad
Vladalf
I rarely enter on gaming news websites because recently there hasn't been any game to excite me, besides Call of Duty 4. But when i was more excited i was entering on Gamespot ( www.gamespot.com ) and on Gametrailers ( www.gametrailers.com ) .
Gamespot is nicer but i liked to check on Gametrailers because there is a sitem in wich you recieve virtual cash from viewing and commenting and posting on blogs wich you use to buy games. It's awesome!
Wesker
I use the GameFaqs forums most of the time. I trust their reviews more than any those on any other sites.

If I need actual info and news, I hit up 1up.com.