FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rome TW alexander

Jeff_vella_leone
i
v just bought the expansion
and its ammasingly hard
how can i with an army like that be able to get all tose cities and defeat all those armies?

its impossible

its a greath game but need some help here
any body manged to finish it?
RiCtee
Well I don't play the expansion but I must agree that it is quite hard. Most of the battles I just use the computer calculated win/lose. So all you need is a larger army. This game is more of a strategy game that focuses a lot on the politics so you'll have to make some smart decisions.
Jeff_vella_leone
RiCtee wrote:
Well I don't play the expansion but I must agree that it is quite hard. Most of the battles I just use the computer calculated win/lose. So all you need is a larger army. This game is more of a strategy game that focuses a lot on the politics so you'll have to make some smart decisions.

well yes it focuses mostly on the strategic point of view
but ingame when you are on the battle field you can win with the minority if u play it well
ussually when i click on the computer calcualted outcome i finish up to loose more men than i expected or even loose the battle whilst if i play it myself with my strategies i win with the minimum losses
i aim on hitting the enemy from 2 fronts maximising the enemy losses and make them rought
then quickly il attack the next enemy packet that is allready coming and leave them roughting
this gives me a small advantage in numbers
which ultemitly when repeated for all the army it will help to win ultimate victory

but in alexander its somewhat different
they use a lot of pikeman which im a little noob with
though i beleave they are a strong weapon because when i used to be with romans pikes where allways the hardest to beat from the front (they are nearly invulnerable from the front)
but they will end up in roughting if attacked from the sides or from the back

what really is not compatible with my strategies is that they are slow
and the cavallery alexander uses are quite week compaired to what im used to play with