FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

French/italian Rap

poly
I m really curious about other country's rap and hip hop culture and songs so I wanted to ask: Does anybody here know any good italian or french rap artist? Or any other countries besides english speaking are fine too.. Thanks for any posts..
twisthigh
Umm... I know of Tony Parker, Eva Longoria's husband, he's trying his hand at rapping in french, he's OK, not the greatest. There's a lot of french rap songs out there, I know a few I just forget what they're called, I'll get back to you.
iGreg
Tony Parker Question :-& That's bullshit! It's only f*ck*ng commercial rap. I don't think that you're interested in french rap only to listen to commercial.
So I'm going to give you a few names to begin.
The grandfathers of rap in France : IAM and NTM (means Nique Ta Mère/****** in english)
I can suggest the video of "Le Mia" for IAM and "La fièvre" for NTM. NTM doesn't exist anymore but IAM is still on the road, I went to see them in Brussels a few months ago.
That was for the bases of french rap. The paroxysm(?) of those groups were around 98 and they began in the early 90's.

Nowadays the rap game in France really s*cks because all the rappers get in the US-gangsta-style (means "I'm wealthy, I've got plenty of b*tch, look at me, f*ck it all" Crying or Very sad ) and everybody can do "street music" from Tony Parker to Fatal Bazooka (a TV animator who makes fun of all this business)

Hopefully, there are still good emcees to bring the level higher. In classical style you must heard about Oxmo Puccino (he's the best, a great writing style and many fat beats) and [url= http://www.myspace.com/hocuspocushiphop]Hocus Pocus[/url] (real musicians for grooving beats).
And to finish, there is a new wave which is lead by the band TTC (that don't like anymore, but you have to know them) and my favourite band : LA CAUTION. The sound those people bring is totaly revolutionnary(?) and doesn't have to get wealthy-gangsta-b*tch-style to be great.

Of course this is my point of view and some guys will tell you that there's nothing like Booba of Rohff, but those guys are just making it for the money. The copy the 10years ago american rap and moreover : they're copying each other (thank you for the freshness...). There's maybe one band in that style who was good with their two first album, it's 113...But by now they get in the business and adopted the radio format(?).

Hope this post will help and that you're gonna understand it. Sorry for my english : I'm belgian Exclamation

See you,
Peace
Soymilko
LOL it's really weird. It don't sound right in the ears but really cool. I wouldn't recommend any "forgien" rap. no offense.
iGreg
It would have been gentle to just have some feedback of the creator of that topic...I'm even not asking for a "Thanks" Exclamation Rolling Eyes
poly
Sorry that i didn't answer for a while, thanks a lot though iGreg I really like the music you mentioned and I can t agree that people don't like music just because they don't understand everything they sing about. So once again thanks a lot for ur help and effort. I m a fan of french rap now;)

poly
mattchun
This two languages are hard to be sang in a rap song, in my opinion.
linhquang
mattchun wrote:
This two languages are hard to be sang in a rap song, in my opinion.

I think all languages can sing rap song, but important the singer and the composer must good
lulucheck
French rap:
kenny arkana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbIpTxJ4-Iw (w/ french subies)
La Rumeur: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=192539224
Octobre rouge: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=48926796

enjoy
Coclus
Thanks luluceck cool tips..
McDucque
I've heard MC Solaar is like... The French rapper? I listened to a few of his albums when I was taking French, and it was fun to listen to. He collaborates with a lot of American Artists too (Mya, Missy Elliot)

My French Penpal told me of this one artist called SNIPER, but I could never find any stuff, supposedly theyre wicked controversial.. kehehe.[/u]
lulucheck
McDucque wrote:
I've heard MC Solaar is like... The French rapper? I listened to a few of his albums when I was taking French, and it was fun to listen to. He collaborates with a lot of American Artists too (Mya, Missy Elliot)

My French Penpal told me of this one artist called SNIPER, but I could never find any stuff, supposedly theyre wicked controversial.. kehehe.[/u]

MC Solaar has now much to do with big buisness than hip hop.... really too bad coz the 2 first albums was a big promise for french rap but it was now 15 yrs ago and everbody changes.....
Your penpal has a better taste McDucque! ... and what about italian hip hop??? i'd like know...