FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dungeon Lords! (just some of my thoughts)

basementgamesltd
You have probably read on other sites... the initial release of Dungeon Lords was a joke. It was released in what can only be described as an early beta version. Features, spell, locations, and just about anything else you can think of were left out in an effort to release the game as soon as possible.

Now they have released the "Collector's Edition". A better name for this edition of the game would be the "Complete Edition", as that's what it really is.

The most important thing to keep in mind when purchasing Dungeon Lords is that you absolutely must NOT purchase the regular version of the game. They have patched it up to version 1.4, but it is still very incomplete.

But I completely recommend purchasing this, the Collector's Edition. Basically everything that the developer promised for the original game is in here... and it's a blast.

The game has a great character development system, allowing you to create a character that suits your playing style. This is done as you level up and choose new skills, and classes. It's really well done.

The action is great, with lots of monsters, fun battles, and good quests. This is the kind of game that you can sit down and play for a half-hour and have fun, or sit and play for 8 hours and have fun.

So, once again... if you're going to purchase Dungeon Lords make sure you get this version and not the original.
coreymanshack
basementgamesltd wrote:
You have probably read on other sites... the initial release of Dungeon Lords was a joke. It was released in what can only be described as an early beta version. Features, spell, locations, and just about anything else you can think of were left out in an effort to release the game as soon as possible.

Now they have released the "Collector's Edition". A better name for this edition of the game would be the "Complete Edition", as that's what it really is.

The most important thing to keep in mind when purchasing Dungeon Lords is that you absolutely must NOT purchase the regular version of the game. They have patched it up to version 1.4, but it is still very incomplete.

But I completely recommend purchasing this, the Collector's Edition. Basically everything that the developer promised for the original game is in here... and it's a blast.

The game has a great character development system, allowing you to create a character that suits your playing style. This is done as you level up and choose new skills, and classes. It's really well done.

The action is great, with lots of monsters, fun battles, and good quests. This is the kind of game that you can sit down and play for a half-hour and have fun, or sit and play for 8 hours and have fun.

So, once again... if you're going to purchase Dungeon Lords make sure you get this version and not the original.

I played the original, I like it alot, despite some of the spells missing etc, I found it fun. Games shouldn't be judged by what isn't there, but what is, (IMO).
Kitten Kong
This game was freaking awesome, I played it a fair bit with a friend (coop its most redeeming feature).
There was a lot of severe bugs that pissed us off no end, but the fighting was very fun, massive armies of creatures storming over the hill towards you is classic.

There was a lot of stupidity though, I had no idea what the quest really was because as much as I don't mind reading, each quest giver had ten pages of text to tell you.....

But yeah, we were plagued by crashes and other bugs, i'm ure its better than the original release though Smile. I played the collectors edition BTW.

It is still criminal that they released a game as buggy as the collectors edition but thats sort of the way everyone is releasingtheir games now. Hello Splinter Cell, and I'm looking at you Black and White 2