FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Don't Forget the Lyrics

cavey
I watched this show "Don't Forget the Lyrics". It's like a karaoke-version of "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire". You chose from different music genres, then you chose from 2 songs. You start to sing - the music is playing and the lyrics is on the screen. Suddenly there are 4 words (or more) missing, and you have to get them right.

The contestant was charming. Her voice were terrible, but she knew all the songs extremelly well, and put up a great show when she sang. When she and the host were talking, you could barely tell who were the host. They were both equally professional, and she talked in a very host-like way. Actually it sounded like they were both talking from a memorized script...

Also when the host told her that if she missed this question, she would lose all the money she got so far and go home with nothing, she looked terrible surprised. "What had she done?!?". It's crazy, because she was 100% sure of the lyrics when she sang - you could tell that she had sung that song a zillion times before. Also, she was of course familiar with the rules and consept of the game, so why should she be surprised that she could lose the money if her answer was wrong?

Her glory ended at $350.000 when she suddenly didn't know the lyrics. Just in time for the credits to roll over the screen. Was the double-episode rigged? Was $350.000 her fee for making the show premiere fun and entertaining? She was a great entertainer - but a bad actress if my guess is right.