FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Email spam

Jaan
Ever since I started at FriHost I get spam at my frihost hosted email. On my other email I get 0 spam a day. On my FriHost email I get up to 100 spam messages a day. this is VERY annoying. I have NOT signed up for anything using that email address - it is private. I don't want to accuse anyone but I have a feeling someone's been selling emails. Does anyone else get this? Or is it one of my malicious friends?

thanks
mathiaus
Are the emails actually sent to your email address or are they being forwarded to your catchall?
gnomme
i have the same problem...tons and tons of spam even that my spamassassin is enabled
Jaan
They are being forwarded to my catchall. Maybe this is the problem?
mathiaus
If there being forwarded to the catchall then their guessing. For example I could sed an email to matt@test.com and spam@test.com but they would both be forwarded to the catchall.

It has been suggested that catchall addresses not be used to reduce and with luck, completely eradicate the problem.
yfan624
is there a ways to block these annoying spams? like filtered them
gnomme
yfan624 wrote:
is there a ways to block these annoying spams? like filtered them

yes, in your admin pannel. first was the "CS3" spam...now is the "postcard" and the "replica watchs"...
They invent new ideas everyday